Chapter 16

Emma's POV:

Where is Dylan? Class started ten minutes ago! Maybe, his alarm didn't go off... Yeah... 

I was brought out of my thoughts when the class door opened, and Tyler? Yeah, I think his name is Tyler, walked into the room.

"That's lunch with me tomorrow," Mr. Fletcher said, not even glancing up from the papers in front of him.

"Yes sir," Tyler said.

Tyler is a fullback on the football team, so I guess that means he blocks people, I don't really follow football. Or sports in general.

He sat down in his seat and rubbed his eyes, shaking his head. I guess Tyler had a rough morning...

"Alright class, please take out your chapter 13 packets, work on that for the next 20 minutes while I find my paper... I just don't know where it went..." Mr. Fletcher instructed.

Quickly, I took out my packet and continued working on it... 

"Ah! Found it," Mr. Fletcher mumbled after 25 minutes of silence.

"Alright class, put your packets up, and get ready for some notes, this will be on your upcoming test-"

He was interrupted by the slow creak of the opening door.

"Lunch with me tomorrow," Mr. Fletcher said, without looking up from the paper in his hand.

The whole class was brought to silence when we saw who came in. 

It was Dylan, slowly stumbling in, having obvious trouble walking. His face was deathly pale, with sweat forming on his forehead. He slowly inched in, wobbling the whole time.

"CanIgotothenurse..." he slurred out, leaning on the wall.

"No, Mr. Wright, you know the rules of my class. There is no leaving until the bell rings. Now please find your seat," Mr. Fletcher said, still not looking up from his papers to see the state of his student.

The whole class looked in shock from Mr. Fletcher back to Dylan and back again.

"Ithrewup..." Dylan slurred, stumbling some more, having obvious trouble standing.

"Of course you did, now go sit down. Oh, and don't forget, you still have lunch detention with me today," Mr. Fletcher said turning and writing on the board, still not even glancing at Dylan.

Then, Dylan tried to take a step, and he apparently lost his balance. He started to fall over, but I bolted out of my chair and caught him before he fell. Oh my gosh! He's so heavy! 

I grunted in the sudden new weight on me as I tried to hold both of us up. The whole class stared at us in shock, me using all of my force to hold up tall, skinny, heavy Dylan.

"Miss Alves, go sit back down, and Mr. Wright, I won't ask you again," Mr. Fletcher said, still writing on the board.

"Mr. Fletcher he really did throw up!" someone shouted from the class.

I looked over and saw Tyler standing uncomfortably. "I heard him in the bathroom, Brian forced him to."

Then, Mr. Fletcher, dropped his chalk.

"Wh-" he slowly turned around and looked at Tyler, then quickly spun, looking at Dylan.

"Y-yes. Of course... Go," He said, seeing the terrible shape that Dylan was in, his eyes wide.

Thank goodness.

I started helping Dylan back out of the door, slowly making our way. Oh my gosh, how can someone so skinny be so heavy? We made it to the doorway, when all of the extra weight was lifted off of me.