Chapter 8

Emma's POV: 

I still can not believe what happened. How could Dad just do that? I get that he was being protective of me, but that was just ridiculous. Man, I hope Dylan isn't freaked out about that... 

Ugh, I guess I have to get out of bed. 

I roll over in my bed and look at my clock, 6:50??? Oh, man, my alarm didn't go off!

I jump out of bed and start rushing to get ready, the bus will be here any minute! 

I throw my hair up into a ponytail,  and pull on some jeans and a nice blue tank top. I put on some deodorant, and put on more perfume than normal, after all, I didn't get to take my shower this morning. 

I pull on my brown knee high boots, and head downstairs. 

"You're still here?" Mom said as I ran around behind her, grabbing an apple off the counter. 

"Yeah, my alarm clock didn't go off."

"You better hurry then," she said as she stood over the stove.

I grab my bag and phone and run by the table.

"Bye dad," I said kissing him on the cheek.

"Bye sweety, and if you see that boy again, tell him that I really liked his mom," he said with a smile.

"All right dad," I said with a sigh.

"By honey," Mom said as I kissed her on the cheek as I headed out the door.

Just as I stepped outside, I saw the bus start to get moving.

"Wait!" I yelled, sprinting to the bus.

Just before it started speeding down the road, it stopped and opened the doors.

"Thank you," I said, breathing heavily as I climbed up the stairs and found a seat.

I sat down next to Rebecca, my bus buddy as I call her.

"Hey, I almost thought you weren't coming," She said.

"I'm here." I said leaning back in the seat.

"So, how far are you on your biology project? Knowing you, you're already halfway done with it," She said. We aren't in the same Biology class, but we have all the same classes, just at different times. 

"Are you joking? Did you see how many things are on the list?" I ask, looking at her crazily.

"Yeah, I'm the crazy one, 'Miss number one in her class'," She said laughing.

"Hey, I do my work, and my work is good. What can I say?"

"Yeah, right, you're not competitive at all."

Both of us started laughing.

"So, let me guess, your alarm clock didn't go off?" she said looking at me.

"Yeah, what gave it away?"

"Um, how you almost missed the bus! You're never late to anything."

"I think you might be exaggerating just a little there."

"Please. When was the last time you were late to anything, not counting this morning?"

"Two years ago, to lunch with Brian, because our car wouldn't start," I mumbled jokingly.

"Point, proved," She said smiling at herself.

Man, I still can't believe Dad. How could he yell at Dylan like that?

"Hey, are you all right? You look distracted, very distracted," Rebecca said looking at me concerned.

"No I'm fine, it's just, Dad."

"You mean your super crazy dad that tried to cuss out my brother because he knocked on your door when he was picking me up?"

"The one and the same."

"What did he do?"

"You know Dylan?"

"Who?"

"He's really quiet, and doesn't talk much. He's really shy."

"Dylan... Dylan... Maybe..."

"He's pretty smart too, I think."

"Oh! Dylan! Yes! Well I don't know him, but he's in my math class I'm pretty sure."

"Well, I was over at his house, and Dad came to pick me up, and Dylan answered the door. So, you know Dad, he started yelling at him, and he looked like he was about to start fighting him, when Dylan's mom came out. And she yelled at Dad, and made him apologize, which was really strange... I don't think I've ever seen him apologize to anyone in my whole sixteen years."

"Wow."

"I know! Crazy right?"

"Now, I have a question for you," Rebecca said looking at me with a smile forming on her lips.

"What?" I ask wearily.

"Why were you at Dylan's house? Isn't he like really weird?"

"What? No, Dylan actually is pretty nice, and kind of funny."

"So..."

"So, I just came over to apologize because Brian gave him a rough time earlier, and then I stayed for dinner," I said.

"So, is the rest of his family like him? You know quiet and awkward?"

"What? Dylan's not that awkward. Maybe a little. And no, his mom is really funny and outgoing. She was so nice, except when she started yelling at Dad, she was pretty scary then."

"Interesting... And what about his dad?"

"I didn't really see his dad."

"Siblings?"

"No, just him and his mom."

"Well will you be returning to the house of the Dylan?"

"Yeah, I'm going over after school today so we can work on our biology project, he's my partner."

"Ooh, partners... Will Brian have to look out for the new competition?" She said, elbowing me a little.

"Of course not! Dylan is just a friend," I say laughing.

"And what did Brian say about you two being friends?"

"Well I don't see how it's his business..."

"He doesn't know?"

"Well... He knows that we're partners for our project..."

"Mmhmm, you better watch out, Brian isn't really fond of many of your 'guy friends'."

"I know..."

-------------

Well, tad-ah! Heh. Thanks for reading (again). And please keep reading, there's more to come! Gotta Blast!