#15 Enemies on Earth

The explosion rattled the building and kids ran screaming from the school. The teachers panicked, grabbed their coffee, and ran after the students.

My body had taken the majority of the force, making my breathing rugged and my muscles scream.

I was able to squint through the rubble, and make out the shape of one of my earthly enemies, Margaret Lex. Margaret had always been a jerk after her boyfriend developed eyes for me. I never had any sort of connection with her boyfriend, but that didn't matter to Margaret. She was a viper hidden inside human flesh. I hated her guts. And she wanted me dead.

Margaret always was the best in science. I should have known she would assemble a bomb of some sorts.

I looked over at Peter. He was fine, peering into the room at Margaret. "W- who?" He asked.

"Later." I replied, quick and to the point.

Peter and I stood. We readied our fists, preparing for a fight, but Margaret ran off. We ran out of the bathroom and through the long school hallways. I burst through a door and yanked Peter out. The police had arrived and began running inside.

"Neverland." That was explanation enough. Peter nodded and reached for the vile of pixie dust around his neck. He panicked and I knew something was very wrong.

I stared at him, not really wanting him to answer, but asked,"The explosion destroyed it, didn't it."

Peter's expression gave me plenty of confirmation.

I grabbed his wrist and yanked him forwards, beginning to run down the street. We ran a few blocks then dove into an alley to catch our breath. I leaned against the cold stone wall and slid down it, resting on the ground. Peter sat next to me.

"Who was that? And... How did she have a bomb?" He asked, a dangerous glint in his eyes.

"Margaret Williams. She's been after me ever since I attracted the attention of her boyfriend. As to how she got a bomb... She was always really good in science, particularly chemistry, so she probably made it." I leaned into his shoulder. "Peter? How in the world are we going to get home?"

"Slow down. You attracted another guy's attention?" I could sense a threatening anger rising up in his voice.

I lifted my head from his shoulder. "Yeah, he thought I was hot. I turned him down."

Peter raised his eyebrows. "You waited for me? Although I don't blame you." He flexed and smirked at me.

I rolled my eyes. "In case you hadn't noticed I never thought I would see you, ever again. So no, it was just still grieving."

"Yeah, sure you were." His smirk got bigger.

"I was!" I insisted, indignantly. It was true, I had been broken-hearted and dating another guy? That wasn't happening.

Peter chuckled and wrapped me in a hug. "Whatever."

I glared at him.

"Rest. I know a place with magic that we can go to. We'll open a portal there, or see if they have pixie dust. Then we can go home. But it's in Maine, and we're in Indiana. Right?" He asked, quizzically.

"Yeah. Indiana. Corn and beans for miles and miles with literally nothing to do. Nothing. So yes, we're in Indiana." I replied, annoyed at the state an it's dumb agriculture.

He chuckled. "Then yeah. You'll need your sleep. Night."

"No."

He looked confused. "What? Abby, you need rest to-"

"And I'll get it."

He looked at me like I had lost my marbles. "Uh, Abby. If you aren't sleeping, you aren't getting any sleep." He spoke in the tone you would use with a three year old.

"I'll sleep," I explained, "but I'm taking first watch."

"Abby please just rest-"

"No, Peter."

We had a staring contest, and I won.

"Ugh. Fine. Night. Wake me halfway through the night, okay?" He said grudgingly.

I nodded and smirked as he lay down, finally accepting that I won.

I leaned my head back against the stone and thought about him. I couldn't believe I had him back. I mean, I thought... I thought he was dead. I wasn't sure that this was even real. This was probably an illusion, to give me something good and then rip it away.

I needed to understand what those dreams meant, though. And I needed to know what happened when Rumplestiltskin attacked. Plus I needed to know how we were going to get back. I was lacking a lot of valuable information.