Chapter 1: Just a normal day

A/N: I do not own any of the characters in this story except for my one OC. All characters belong to Andrew Hussie. Inspiration for this story came from icarusmasaru's AU known as Mythicalsuck (love their art btw). Story plot is mine.

It was a normal day in my city. Everyone is busy at work, including my friends. I decided I'd pay them a visit today. First stop was the Comedy Shop. That's John's store. It has all of your pranking and comedy needs under one roof, from buckets to duct tap to joke books. "Hey John!" I called as I walked in and started to help him shelve items. "Hey Cass! Aren't you supposed to be in school?" He asked. "Don't need to. Rose schools me, remember?" I laughed while helping a customer find the shaving cream. John was almost 21 now, me going on 13. He had a good business here. After restocking the items I waved goodbye and headed to the library to meet Rose. Rose had been my teacher/guardian ever since my parents' accident. Her and all of her friends helped take care of me. I walked over to our usual corner and said hello. "You look happy" she commented as she pulled out a mythology book from the shelf. "We finally get to study mythology!" I beamed happily. Mythology was one of my favorite topics. After about an hour or so of reading and quizzing, I said goodbye and decided to visit Roxy at the bar. Now, normally, kids aren't allowed in bars, but I was an exception because I didn't drink anything; I just helped out a little. I mostly just helped tidy up after the previous night. It always got messy, and there was always a lot of broken glass and flipped tables. After cleaning up, Roxy gave me five bucks for helping out and I waved goodbye. I think I'll visit the Striders next. Dave and Dirk were always willing to let me help on their projects. I actually know a lot about robotics and programming. I dropped by with some parts I got with the money Roxy gave me and got to work. Right now I had to help Dave fix his turntables. They shorted out and I was just small enough to fit in the space to fix it. After that was done, it was past noon, so I headed for the bakery that Jane was in charge of. When I came in she greeted me and gave me something to eat. When I come over Jane's place, she always gives me something to eat, but instead of her charging me, I just do some chores around the bakery like cashier duty or cleanup.