Chapter 7: Oh. My. God.

As Sollux carries the immobilized me to God knows where, I start messing with my necklace. I've had it for as long as I can remember.

Strangely, I don't remember anything before the age of four

Strangely, I don't remember anything before the age of four. He must see me playing with it, because he suddenly stops and stares at the symbol. "What're we stopping for?" "Where did you get that." His voice was icy. It wasn't a question. "I dunno, actually. I've had it for as long as I can remember." I say cautiously. "How old are you?" He asked suddenly. "Almost 13. Why?" He gave me a look of what looked like a mixture of rage, happiness, and sadness. "Holy.....holy thit."

~~~~~~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~~~~~

It was 9 years ago. You were going as fast as you could. You had to warn them. You burst into your cave and screamed "Hunterth!" Panic began to set in. Your brother, Mituna, began to flip out. Your Dad, however, had a serious face and said, "We have to leave. Now." And with that, you, Mituna, and Dad fled. You got about a half mile away before you realized you were missing something. "CATH" you all yelled at the same time. Your Dad instructed you to stay put until he came back with your sister.

~~~~~~~~Little Cass POV~~~~~~~

It's quiet. You looked every where but you couldn't find Sol, Mit, or Daddy. Then you heard a loud noise coming from the entrance to the cave. I wonder who that is? You peeked around the corner and saw four large people in the den. They don't look very nice. Just then, one of them looked at you and pointed a long thing at you. What's this? You did not realize that it was a rifle at the time. As the man got ready to pull the trigger, Daddy came into the room and the four scary people started to attack him. Why are they fighting? Daddy shouted something that sounded like he wanted you to get away from here, but you didn't want to leave him. Sensing this, Daddy got away from the scary people and grabbed you to make an exit, but they were blocking the door. Why aren't they letting us leave? Daddy instead turned around and fled deeper into the cave. He made some sharp turns and went into a room you've never seen before. He reached into one of the crevices in the wall and pulled out a necklace. After the scary people ran by our hiding cave, Daddy took you to the entrance of the cave you were almost out when two of the scary people grabbed him. He fell down, getting you and the necklace thrown to the ground. You got up, dazed but otherwise fine, and saw Daddy wrestling with all four of the scary people. Then he said, "Cath, take that necklathe, put it on, and get ath far away from here ath you can. Never, under any thircumthtantheth, will you take it off." That sounds a little final, don't you think? You do as he says and put on the necklace and go, going as far as you can before you forget why you were even running. You were near what looked like a beach, and there were more people there. Then, with no warning, you passed out and woke up on what you would later learn was the East Quarter.

~~~~~~~END FLASHBACK~~~~~~