Meeting the Team

-Your POV-

I rummaged through my drawers and closet, and literally grabbed everything that would fit in my arms and threw it in my duffle bag. I then went to my bathroom and grabbed all of my necessities.

I was soon on the road. Traffic was absolute hell, but honestly, when was it not?

*****

I arrived soon at Buffalo, and wow was it empty. There were barely any people, let alone buildings. It was 5:50 when I arrived at the camp.

I parked my car and grabbed my bag. When I stepped out of my car, I  noticed eyes on me.

I turn around and notice some of the team just staring at me.

"Who's this chick?" the blonde said.

"Don't be an ass Ash." another woman snapped.

"I'm not being an ass Ali, I was just asking a question." the girl, Ash, replied.

I walk over to the entrance, straight past them, not even looking their way.

Please don't let anyone confront me, please don't let anyone confront me.

"Hey, new chick!" a brown-haired woman yelled. I cringed when she yelled. She ran over to me and I noticed more of her features, like her green eyes and freckles that were displayed all over her body.

"Hi." I say, shyly.

"I'm Kelley, but my friends like to call me Kells or Kev or occasionally Kevin." she smiled.

"I'm Y/N L/N. My friends call me Y/N" I reply.

She laughs, and I laugh back. It wasn't a fake laugh, which was new, since I haven't laughed honestly since I was a kid.

"I like you. I think we're going to be friends." Kelley said.

"I hope so." I smile, and Kelley smiles back.

"So Welcome to the team!" Kelley screeched, causing me to flinch.

"Sorry. Let me introduce you to the rest of the-" she started.

"LISTEN UP!" I heard Jill yell. Everyone walked over to where she was standing.

"We have a new addition to the team! Everyone, please welcome Y/N L/N."
Jill exclaimed.

"Wait, you're Y/N L/N?" someone called out. I soon realized it was Hope Solo, one of the best goalkeepers in the world.

"Yeah." I said, and wondered if it was a rhetorical question.

"You're goals, they're amazing. You seem to always have the best footing on the ball and it goes in crazy directions, but always ends up in the net." she said.

"Thanks?" I say. It was a statement, it just came out like a question.

"No problem." Hope smiled lightly at me.

"Anyway, as I was saying. L/N will be a big improvement for us. Since we've won a World Cup, everyone will expect more of us. We need to show them how great this team is, and we're going to kick ass in Rio!" Jill said.

People nodded and mumbled in agreement.

American arrogance, that should be in the dictionary since it's pretty defined.

"And now we have an new addition to the team, so what's her nickname guys?" I heard someone behind you say. It was Carli Lloyd.

Your jaw dropped in awe. The 2015 FIFA Player of the Year was talking about you.

"What about French Toast?" someone suggests.