Reminder

-Your POV-

"Damn, Y/N. I didn't realize you had it that hard." Tobin Heath says.

"It's fine. It worked out in the end." I say, trying to sound happy.

Everyone nodded and went back to their own conversations.

Kelley and I got out food and went to sit by Alex, Tobin, Carli, Christen, Ash, and her girlfriend Ali. I don't really know if they're actually dating, but they sure act like it.

"So Vanessa, do you have a boyfriend?" Alex asked.

"I'm gay." I replied nonchalantly.

Her eyes widened, "Oh my god I'm so sorry Y/N I didn't know."

I laughed at how she thought it was offensive to me. Alex looked at me with confusion.

"It's not a big deal, don't worry about it." I smiled at her reassuringly.

"Are you sure? I didn't mean to suggest anything." she said.

"Really it's fine Lex." I said.

"Lex? When did you calling Alex "Lex" become a thing?" Tobin asked.

I shrugged and continued eating.

*****

After dinner, the team went back to their different cabins. I was walking with Kelley (of course) when my phone starting to ring.

I grabbed the device out of my back pocket and read the Caller ID.

Dubois

"Hey I have to take this but I'll talk to you later." I told Kelley.

She nodded and ran off and joined Tobin and Christen's conversation.

"It's risky calling me like this, especially now." I spoke to the phone.

A deep voice with a heavy French-accent spoke back to me, "How is everything?"

"Good, things are going well. I even made some new friends." I told Dubois.

"No. No friends. You have a job to do. You need to focus on drills, training, different plays and techniques."

"I'll handle it, and it's only my first day!" I said.

"You have a duty to your country, a duty to France. You must put your personal needs aside. Your country needs you."

"Goodbye." I spoke, as I ended the call.