Getting to Know You

-Your POV-

After I was done and Mal had gotten into the shower, I started to get dressed.

How do you dress for a dinner at a camp?

I decided to go with a black nike t-shirt and some black and white exercise shorts. I grabbed a pair of white nike shoes and pulled them over my black socks.

I heard the shower stop. Mal is pretty cute, even though she's about 5 years younger than me. She walked over to her side of the cabin in a towel, smirking at me.

I think I'm going to like it here.

"Guys, come on! Dinner's ready!" Kelley yelled from outside the cabin door.

"Coming!" I yelled to Kelley. I ran to the door and opened it.

"Where's Mal?" she asked.

"Still getting ready." I replied. Kelley shrugged and grabbed my hand. I smiled lightly.

"Well if she wants to eat before everything's gone she better hurry. Come on let's go." she pulled me.

We walked over to a huge building made of logs. Above the door there was a sign that reads "Cafeteria".

Kelley opened the door and I was immediately slapped in the face by the smell of fried foods.

Great. America and their fried things.

The tables were long, like the ones you see in a school.

Kelley and I walked over to the line. I felt like a child again. Kelley finally let go of my hand, but only to talk to Tobin.

"So tell us about you French Toast." Alex Morgan commanded.

"Um...like what?" I asked.

"Like your story." Alex suggested.

"Oh, well..." I said. I try to remember what I've practiced to say for the past years.

Fuck, how can you forget you dumbass?

Everybody stops talking so they can here me. I can't remember anything, so I just tell the most truth.

"I was born and raised in Paris. My mom was diagnosed with cancer when I was 8, and passed away when I was 9. I knew I was different from a lot of girls when I was very young, and told my dad. He told me I was an abomination and  sent me here to live with my aunt when I was 10." I said. People looked at me with pity. I hated that.

"I've played soccer since I was 4. It was the only thing that kept me alive. Living without my mom was the hardest thing for me. I spent all of my time on the field to forget. Instead of going to games or school things, I played soccer. I woke up at 4 in the morning to play and then took a shower and went to school at 7. After school I went to the field and stayed until 8. I got a full ride to UCLA, and played there while I went to college. And now I play for Kansas City FC, and I'm here." I ended. People were speechless, which was very uncomfortable for me.

It felt nice to tell the truth, although I left out a small part. I didn't think "Also I'm secretly a mole for France and I'm here to exploit all of you." sounded right.