Chapter 4

Summer has come and gone, now Fall was drawing to an end. Ronno and Gwen walked in the woods, their new life of living on their own has just begun. Ronno felt the crisp cool air ruffling his fur. Winter was coming. "At least we are safe from man for another season." Gwen said, looking at the ground. Ronno smiled, shaking his head. "Not for another season, more like a month. "Ronno? Is that you?" a high-pitched voice asked. Ronno stopped, dead cold. "Layla?" He asked, turning around, seeing the familiar voice. The young black doe smirked. "See you have a new girlfriend." she said, snickering. Gwen glared at her. "Shut up, Layla." Layla looked at Gwen. "What was that, Gwen?" she asked, walking up to the small doe. Layla was noticeably taller than Gwen. "You heard me, unless you're hard at hearing, it would be the only logical explanation since your so hard-headed." Gwen retorted, smiling at herself. Layla gasped, anger building up. "How dare you?!" She yelled, rearing up, ready to stomp on the young doe. "Not so fast, If you killed me, you would have to live with the fact that you killed a deer in sheer rage, and killed Ronno's love and you will have to live in secrecy, or my parents might leave you for dead." Gwen said, smirking. Layla looked at the doe, confused at why she is so much better than her. "Did you seriously have to say that?" She snorted. "Did you seriously have to insult my name?" Gwen shot back. "I...you...agh!" Layla said, obviously defeated. "Whatever I don't need your stupid little comebacks." Layla hissed, ready to lash out at her. "You're only angry cause I'm better than you." Gwen replied. "You're just some stuck-up, puny, idiotic, little joke." Layla lashed out at Gwen. Gwen laughed, shaking her head at the poor doe. "Oh. You poor dumb doe." Gwen said, chuckling. Layla stomped her hoof. "Don't ever talk to me like that!" "Layla, just leave. You're making this embarrassing. You already lost. So just admit defeat and we can move on, hmm?" Gwen said, looking Layla straight in the eyes. Layla laughed sickly. "Ah..No. I will do no such thing." She hissed, her eyes stared straight at Gwen. She moved closer to the small doe. "You're nothing but a worthless piece of deer feces." Layla hissed quietly. Gwen looked at the taller doe. "You're not making this better for yourself." She said, adding on, "You like to belittle me and others, you want to put others down to make yourself better. And Why? Because you're so insecure and so heartless. Don't you have a life to get to? Oh yea, you don't, because if you, did you wouldn't be trying to put me down." Gwen said, standing her ground.  Layla tried to think of something to say, all she was able to do was growl and walk off. Gwen watched her stomp away, hearing Ronno laugh quietly. "Dang, you didn't even have to fight her off like I had too." He said, looking at Gwen. She smiled. "Words work so much better." She said. Gwen smiled and softly kicked Ronno's leg, smiling and running off. "Ha!" She yelled back. "Ow. Hey!" Ronno said, smiling and running after Gwen. He caught up to her and nipped her tail softly. Gwen squealed, smiling and turned her head and nipped his neck. "Oh yea?" Ronno said, using his head and pushing her off balance. He watched her fall as he laid on top of her. "Ha. now you can't get up." Ronno said smiling. Gwen smirked and rolled over, pinning him down. "Is that so?" She said softly, hearing him laugh. Ronno looked at her, smiling and rolling her off, as he laid beside her. "Ronno, who do I remind you most of?" Gwen asked, looking at him. "Well...You remind me a lot of Faline, only because of your features and eye color and fur color but you remind me of a nice, strong, innocent, pretty young doe." He said smiling. Gwen blushed, smiling, noticing the sun was about to set. "Well, we should start looking for a home, right?" Gwen said getting up. "No. I already found one." He said smiling, running to the woods, running to a large patch of briars, brambles and twisted thorny green vines. "Crawl through it and look in it." He said, dipping his head down to the small entrance. Gwen crawled through the hole, Ronno quickly followed. "Wow. it's amazing. And we are hidden well." She said, noticing that they were in a clear spot, surrounded my briars, green thorny vines and brambles, along with fallen trees. Ronno smiled. "Guess I did great in finding us a come, huh?" He said pridefully. Gwen nodded, surprised that she could still see the sun setting. Gwen laid down beside Ronno, yawning and quickly falling asleep beside her love. "I love you."