This thing called love

A/N: I think dad Brian is really cute so I wrote this! It's kind of sad but it gets better. :)
—————
Another guy, another heartbreak. You were only 16 years old and your boyfriend had cheated on you. You were the laughing stalk of the school and all you wanted to do was cry. When you got home you automatically ran to your room and let everything out, your mom was gone and your dad was too, well, at least you thought he was. Your sobs quieted down as you heard a few knocks at your door, "(Y/N)? Are you alright? Let me in.", you heard your father Brian say. Taking a few minutes, you wiped your blotchy eyes and sniffled a few times. "Um, yeah dad, come in." You said and sat up in your bed. "What's wrong? I heard you crying..." He said softly and walked towards your bed. "I'm fine now." You said far too quickly and let out a shaky breath, "no your not. What happened?" Brian asked and shuffled to your bed and crawled in next to you.

Looking at him you took in a breath and let it out, "He cheated on me, dad." You said and began to cry again. Brian opened his arms wide and let you cry into his chest. "I-I d-don't know Wh-what I did wrong!" You said between sobs and clutched onto him. "You did nothing wrong! There's obviously something wrong with him! How could he cheat on the most beautiful girl in the world?" Your father said and kissed your head. You looked up at him with tears still falling down your cheeks, "besides, I'm the only man who needs to be in your life." Your father said and smiled. You finally cracked a small smile and sniffled, "yeah yeah." You said and rolled your eyes.