Chapter 23- Twist

After getting the kids to sleep I helped Danny's Aunt fold up the laundry, she seems very sweet and loving. She  doesn't even know what he does outsides her house. I'm praying that he discontinue; because I'm turning my life around for sure, my kids doesn't need to be expose to that.

"So I enrolled you into this alternative school near beverly hills, a friend from my church teaches there. You'll love her. But what's your favorite subject? You like arethmitic?"

I twisted my lips to the side as I laid a folded shirt in my lap, and thought about her question. "I definately don't like math, but I think I enjoy science. It's interesting. My foster mom use to be a chemistry teacher so she helped me with my school work a lot."

She nodded and gave me a slight smile. "So your work permit will be coming in the mail soon, have any ideas?"

"Well, I do want to work but not a lot because I want to spend all my time with the kids and have enough energy to play with them. But maybe mcdonalds or some where. I want to have enough money to buy us a place by the time i'm eighteen."

"You think Danny gon' let you leave me with those kids."

"Danny has been acting like i'm not even their mother since i've been here. I hope he understands that their not his children. He is a great father figure but I don't like how's he handle this situation. I do appreciate him though."

I caught her as she rolled her eyes and placed a pair jeans in the clothing basket. "You should appreciate him. We didn't have to let those babies into our homes. He's been with them since the beginning of their lives while you were in the prison, he didn't have to do it."

"Your right ma'am he didn't have to. I appreciate him and you. But we all do respect, they are my children. I carried them for nine months and pushed them out, so they are mine and no one is going to take them away from me because they feel entitled to something."

I stood up and smiled at her. "Good night." I walked off kind of heated but kept my cool. I then walked upstairs and Danny's door was cracked open so I allowed myself to go in. He was in the bed smoking a blunt as he watched Martin.

"Hey." I said as I stood in the door way.

"What's up." He exhaled the smoke from his mouth.

I climbed in the bed next to him and laid my head on his chest and he reached over my head to put the blunt out. I hugged his waist tight and closed my eyes.

 "What you doin' in here?"

"When I was in prison I use to cry every night because I wanted my babies and because I thought you were mad at me for killing Brando. You stayed in my everyday and night."

He didn't respond so I looked up at him to see a strong frown on his face that kind of startled me. I figured me mentioning his brother angered him so I begin to get up but he pulled my arm stopping me.

"Why did you take in my kids, if your still holding a grudge."

He laid me down, then hovered over me. He kissed my forehead and then my lips. I felt myself getting nervous as he got closer.

"Dan--"

"Shh..I'm not holding no grudges. He tried to hurt you, I ain't sweating. I'm mad because you left so long."

"So you missed me?" I smiled.

"Mhm. I missed you." He licked his lips, then grin. "Can I take off your clothes?"

I started to say yes, then I thought about how I was bettering myself to be a good woman and mother. "No, i'm not having sex again until I'm married."