Jim Gordon 1

Imagine being in a relationship with Jim Gordon and he calls you to tell you he's working late

Your pov

The phone rang as I was making dinner. I wiped off my hands and picked it up. "Hello?" I asked. "Hey babe." Jim's voice came through the phone. "Hey honey. Where are you, dinner's almost ready." I said. "I have to work late tonight, sweetie. I won't be home till 10:00. Will you be okay without me?" I sighed. "Jim, it's only a few hours I will be fine." I laughed. "Are you sure?" He asked. "Yes. I promise." I said. He sighed loudly. "Okay. I love you." He said. "I love you too." I heard the click of the phone hanging up, and pressed the end call button. I ate dinner and put away the leftovers for Jim. It was only 9:00 but I was tired so I decided to go to bed.

I heard him come in a little while after I had decided to go to bed, and a few minutes later I felt the bed dip beside me. His strong arms wrapped around my waist, and he pulled me closer so my back was against his chest. "I told you I would be fine." I laughed. "Yeah I know. But I can't help worrying about you with all the scumbags and criminals in this city." He said. "You need to worry less." I said, rolling over and burying my face in his chest. His finger stroked my hair and he kissed the top of my head. "I couldn't if I tried."