Oswald Cobblepot 3

Criminal!Reader (requested)

Y/n's pov

"Well this is a nice change of scenery." you said.

"We're in a jail cell." Oswald, your boyfriend of almost six months replied.

"I was being sarcastic." you said rolling your eyes at him. The two of you has been brought in because the GCPD suspected Oswald of killing one of Maroni's men, and they brought you in as well, with the suspicion that you were an accomplice. The two of you were now sat in one of the holding cells in the precinct. Oswald had in fact killed the man, but it was because he had gotten a little too grabby with you at the club, and so he ended up with a bullet in his brain.

It wasn't the first time that you had seen Oswald kill someone, in fact you had killed people yourself, but only if they deserved it. You and Oswald were partners in crime, and most people knew not to mess with you. The guy from that night hadn't been so wise.

"Oh shit." you said, trying to hide behind Oswald.

"What? What's wrong?" he asked, worried. You had seen your brother walk into the precinct with his partner close behind.

"My brother is here." you whispered.

"What do you think he did to get arrested?" Oswald asked. Oh boy, this will be fun to explain. You thought.

"Nothing..... he's a cop." you mumbled, hoping he didn't hear you. Unfortunately he did and a shocked expression came over his pale, freckled face.

"What?! Why didn't you tell me you had a brother? And that he happens to work for the GCPD?" he asked in a hushed tone.

"It never came up?" you said, but it sounded more like a question. Much to your dismay, your brother walked over to the holding cell that the two of you were locked in, and you turned your head away from the door, your hair covering your face.

"Not having very good luck at staying out of trouble like I told you to, huh Oswald?" he said in a quiet tone so the other cops didn't hear him. They've met before?  You thought to yourself.

"Yes well, it does seem that way, doesn't it?" Oswald said, the annoyance evident in his voice.

"Your friend there is awful quiet, isn't she?" he said, leaning against the door of the cell.

"She's a little shy-" Oswald started to say but was interrupted by another cop coming and unlocking the cell.

"Let's go, dirt bags." he said, grabbing Oswald roughly by the arm and dragging him out of the cell, his other hand pulling me along with them. As I was pulled out of the cell, my eyes met with my brothers, and a look of shock crossed his face. He was too stunned to say anything so he just stood there as we were brought into separate interrogation rooms.

 Luckily for the two of you, in the short time that you and Oswald had been together, you had learned to think the same way, and had made stories in case you ever found yourself in situations such as this one. And the fact that your brother was a cop might help as well. A few minutes had passed when the door opened and he entered the room, sitting in the chair across from you.

"What have you gotten yourself into, Y/n?" he asked, looking at you with a worried expression on his face.

"Nice to see you to, James, what has it been now, a year?" You replied, avoiding the question.

"Don't do that, don't make this personal. You could be in some serious trouble here and you know it. Now do you want to tell me what you're doing hanging around garbage like Penguin?" Your eyes narrowed.

"That's not his name." you spat. "And you said we weren't going to make this personal." you challenged.

"Fine. Straight to business then. Where were you on the night of August 7th?" he asked, opening his notebook.

"I was out for drinks with my boyfriend at the club."

"Boyfriend? We'll call him in and we can ask him if you're telling the truth. What's his name and phone number?" he asked, looking up after writing down what you had said about your whereabouts that night.

"That wont be necessary. He's already here." you smirked, pointing at the door.

"Penguin?" he asked, shocked at what you had said. You raised your eyebrows in agreement. "What do you see in him?"

"What does that have to do with the investigation, detective?" you asked. He sighed, rolling his eyes before getting up from the table.

"I'll be back, don't go anywhere." he said. You raised your hands, that were cuffed to the table, in response. "Right." he sighed once again before leaving the room, the door slamming behind him.

You sat in the room for what felt like hours before Jim returned, holding Oswald by the back of his shirt collar.

"You're free to go. Don't let me catch you in here again." he said, walking over and unlocking and then removing your handcuffs. You rubbed at the red marks that they had left on your wrists.

~~~

Once the two of you were back at the club, you both stood at the bar.

"How did you get us out?" you asked him. He smiled.

"Jim Gordon just so happened to be an old friend of mine, and he owed me a favor. Also, I threatened to tell the rest of the GCPD some of the things he's asked me to do in the past that aren't so legal. He said he'd make something up, a story that gives us a solid alibi."

"You're good." you said, giving him a gentle kiss on the lips. "Let's not plan to be arrested again anytime soon, okay? That wasn't an experience I want to relive." you said. He laughed before softly kissing your forehead and pulling you into a hug.

"Deal."