Jerome Valeska 2

Criminal!Reader

Y/n's pov

As you walked into the bank to deposit a check from getting paid at work, the sound of gunshots came from behind you, and everyone ducked to the ground.

"Hands on your heads, everybody! Hands on your heads!" a voice yelled, and you all obeyed, putting your hands on top of your heads. Some people were crying, others just looked shocked or scared. You recognized the people who came in as a group of Arkham Asylum escapees, who called themselves the Maniacs, their leader being the hysterical ginger, Jerome Valeska. They got everyone into one corner of the bank, one of them asked a worker for the code to the vault, and shot him once he got an answer, his body falling to the floor with a thud, causing some of the other hostages to scream. As police started to show up, you felt yourself being pulled out of the crowd, and a gun being pressed to your head. Jerome held you tightly, using you as leverage against the police.

"Let her go, Jerome." You recognized the cop as the infamous Jim Gordon. Jerome's sickening laugh rang through your ears, causing you to shudder.

"Now where's the fun in that?" He asked, leaning close to your ear. You tried to lean your head away from him, but it was no use.

"What do you want, Jerome?" Jim asked, slowly approaching the two of you.

"Well let's see, were in a bank!" he laughed loudly once again. "What could we possibly steal from a bank?" he asked.

"Let the girl go, Jerome. She has nothing to do with this." Jim tried to reason with him, but you knew that it was no use. You squirmed in the gingers grasp, but wasn't able to get free. He noticed you trying to escape, and changed his grip on your, his arms now wrapping around your waist from behind, pointing the gun at your chin from below. You whimpered, and tried to break free from his hold again.

"Oh, but she has everything to do with this. If I let her go, what's to stop you from shooting me?"

"Nothing, but-" Jim started to say.

"That's right, nothing!" Jerome laughed. "So now why would anyone in their right mind let their only insurance go?" he asked, resting his chin on your shoulder, to which you squirmed once again.

"You're not in your right mind Jerome. I can help you-"

"Help! I don't need help!" Jerome yelled. "If anyone needs help, its you Jim." Jerome was slowing walking backwards, dragging you with him, as Jim slowly approached the two of you, the other cops following close behind him.

One of the hostages fainted, causing Jerome to become distracted for a minute, allowing you to grab the gun from him and get out of his grip. You aimed the gun at him. Some of the cops got ready to shoot at the two of you, but Jim told them not to.

"Hold your fire!" he yelled. You turned to look at Jerome, who had a huge grin on his face, and was laughing like always.

"Come on, you haven't got it in you." he said, walking up to you and bringing the end of the gun to his forehead. If you pulled the trigger now, he would be dead before he hit the ground.

"Don't." Jim's voice came from closer by than you liked, so you turned, the gun still on Jerome, but you were looking at the cop.

"You don't want to do this." he said to you, reaching to take the gun. You let him take the gun, but didn't move in time, because Jerome grabbed you once again, now holding a knife to your throat. You gasped as the blade dug into your skin slightly, causing blood to drip down your neck.

"Drop your weapons, or she dies!" Jerome yelled, no longer messing around. He licked the blood off of your neck, causing your to squirm around in his grip. He shushed you, before looking at the cops, waiting for them to obey his orders. They put their guns onto the floor, and kicked them away from themselves so they couldn't reach them. All of them except for Jim, who was still pointing a gun at Jerome.

"You're not gonna kill her." he said.

"What?" You asked, causing Jerome to press the knife harder against your throat, sending more blood dripping down your neck.

"If you were going to kill her you would have done it already." Jim said, looking confused, before a look of realization crossed his face. "She's in on it." he finally said. Shit. You thought.

"What? No please you have to help me!" you begged, hoping he hadnt noticed the few seconds of hesitaion before you spoke.

"I'm not fooling around, James. Back away now, or i'll slit her throat." Jerome threatened.

"So what are you guys, together?" he asked, not believing what Jerome had said, but taking a step back regardless.

Your eyes widened. He had figured it out. Was it really that obivous? You thought. Jerome let go of his hold on you, pushing you behind him to protect you.

"Congratulations, Detective Gordon. You figured it out. However a little too late, I'm afraid." Jerome laughed, before throwing a smoke bomb onto the ground in front of Jim, and he grabbed my hand, dragging me behind him as we ran out the back door of the bank.

You arrived back at Theo Gallivan's apartment where all the maniacs  were staying, and you and Jerome were counting the money you had stolen from the bank, and it came up to be just under 3 million dollars.
"Nice work." You said to Jerome.
"Not so bad yourself. You're a very convincing actress." He said, giving you a rough kiss on the lips, before pulling you into his lap, where you sat and watched tv until you fell asleep.