The flat, the conversation, and the silence.

I followed Sherlock to his flat and asked where a towel was but he threw one to me before I even finished the sentence. He began to write details of the body and admire the photos of the writing on the wall that scared Mrs.Hudson. I just couldn't handle that. Deep down inside I get to attached to people, now I'm attached to Sherlock like a child to its mummy.

"John's rooms upstairs. It's yours if Mrs. Hudson doesn't mind you moving." he said

I start walking up the stairs and when I get to the room it was empty. John had left a cane in the corner but that was it. I had to take the room. It was my chance of a friendship. He had eventually came up stairs to check on me.

"Veronica." he said I jumped

"Yeah? What?" I answer

"Its not much but..." he said

"Yeah thanks. Sherlock I didn't mean to yell at you. I just know that my aunt cares for me. I don't want..." he interupted

"It's fine I understand. Just realize why I did that." he said

"Sherlock..." I said he was walking away.

"mm?" I look into the cold blue eyes

"I'm atta..." I stopped "Nevermind."

SHERLOCKS POV.

Veronica was acting sad at the same time as odd. I couldn't understand why she was acting this way I could read just about everyone. I even deducted Irene in the end. She-Veronica was  similar to John. I liked her she was my new friend. But I shut out my feelings. I felt fear before but other than that I didn't know how love felt. Or caring. I cared for John. This caring was different and I know Mrs.Hudson could help me. I need to talk to her. Maybe Molly could help. I think I could call her or text.

"I'm glad were friends." she said with a dead tone of voice, as if she had someone or something on her mind that would be left unspoken. Veronica felt uncomfortable I could tell.

"Yeah. Veronica. What's gotten into you?"

"nothing." she said

"Please tell me." I asked in a nicer voice.

"I don't think that I'll be here for long. My father had died soon after I moved out and my mother is a quiet person. Sherlock, I can't stand to be left alone. I need you." she said thinking of what Molly had said 'don't leave him alone.'

"I'm married to my work." I say to her" But I need to understand how I can help you."

"Just leave it." she said "I'm already embarrassed enough to the point where I want to go back to Liverpool."

I look at her oddly. I walk over to her and she hugs me, but I stand there not knowing what to do. Eventually I slowly put my arms around her. Kissing her cheek quickly. Making her blush and her face red as rust.

"I...Thank you." She tells me

"I'm married to my work Veronica."

I said walking away. She sat on the floor and put her head down in her arms.