0.5 ⇒ Love is Terrible

Chapter Five

The entire night was spent in bitterness and drowning in very expensive bottles of whiskey

The entire night was spent in bitterness and drowning in very expensive bottles of whiskey. Though my self-pity party was ruined late at night when Elijah forced me to stop.

The night was a blur to be exact, I wasn't able to reencounter some of the words I spoke to my older brother. Though it did explain why he was crowding me at this very exact moment.

"Elijah, I told you I am fine." I muttered annoyingly at my brother's smothering behavior. Even after a thousand years, some things never change.

"Excuse me if I refuse to believe that Theresa." He argued, moving in front of me to prevent me from walking out my own bedroom. I sighed loudly, rolling my eyes before actually looking at him.

"I will admit to it, I was having a tantrum, you caught me redhanded. I wanted to brutally murder Niklaus because Stefan won't take me back, and of course, it's his fault. But I give you my word that I am over it. Now, go worry about Mother, I know you're doubting her return is as genuine as it sounds." I didn't give him much time to answer, walking past him and quickly heading to the kitchen.

Once I had poured myself some blood into a cup, I headed to the living room just in time to see Rebekah walking in, still in her dress from last night. I rolled my eyes at Kol's childish behavior as he prevented our sister from going any further into our home.

"Get out of my way Kol." She scowled calmly. I took a seat beside Niklaus and watched in amusement as our siblings argued.

"Out all night. What a scandal." Kol announced sarcastically. "I trust you did better than that commoner. Matt, was it?"

"If you don't shut your mouth, the next thing to come out of it will be your teeth." Rebekah threatened loudly. A small laugh fell from my lips, quickly looking away as her eyes darted to me. "Don't start Tes, Nik.