0.8 ⇒ Dysfunctional Family Ways

Chapter Eight

There was always something my family and I couldn't control, and that would be the anger issues we had inherited from our father and our retaliation to those who had betrayed us

That's why it wasn't much of surprise to Rebekah when she found me waiting for her, though it was obviously a surprise to Damon.

Damon groaned as the bear traps were clamped over his hands, keeping him in a standing position. I ignored his stare as Rebekah gave me a look of satisfaction.

"I found them in the shed." I hummed softly to no one in particular, watching as my sister walked around Damon and to the table that was near by.

"What kind of monster would trap a poor, defenseless animal?" Rebekah questioned rhetorically.

"Got to admit, even for me, it's a little kinky." Damon confessed to my sister and I, his stare staying locked on me as I walked past him.

"You pretended to be interested in me and then you slept with me so your tampy friend, Sage, could steal my thoughts. And all while doing that, you still managed to break the trust of my sister, who is the most trusting and forgiving out of our dysfunctional family." Rebekah mused as she circled him with a knife in her hands. "Ever since then, we've felt this incessant need to one-up you. So I've decided to bleed the vervain from your system.

I swallowed down the bit of guilt I was feeling, crossing my arms over my chest as Rebekah ripped open Damon's shirt. He scrunched his face up in bad as my sister dragged the blade across his bare skin.

"You want to compel me to be your boyfriend?" Damon grunted mockingly, smirking slightly.

"Actually, I'd rather compel you to kill your brother." Rebekah confessed blandly, I stood up in alarm. "Or Elena. But, since vampires heal, bleeding you may take a while. We should probably stick to the major arteries."