0.7 ⇒ History Lessons and Retribution

Chapter Seven

I didn't understand why I was still in the Salvatore home

I didn't understand why I was still in the Salvatore home. I wanted to run away from the fact that Stefan was in love with someone else.

Even in 1864, when Katherine believed she had both Salvatore's wrapped around her finger, I knew it wasn't true. Stefan's love for the Petrova doppelgänger was compelled.

But his love for Elena is real. While I was rotting away in a coffin box, he had no idea who I was and was falling in love with another girl.

Therefore I couldn't bring myself to walk away. Not from him.

I was wandering around when I heard someone enter the Salvatore home. It wasn't either of the brothers, but the root of all my problems.

I vamp speeded in front of her, causing the brunette to come to a halt. She gasped loudly, taking a step away from me.

It felt slightly satisfying to hear her heartbeat quicken in fear. But I knew if I ever laid a hand on her, Stefan would never forgive me.

"Stop being so melodramatic, human." I scoffed slightly, rolling my eyes as she continued giving me a look of terror. "No harm will come to you from me."

"Why?" She stuttered, giving me a confused gaze.

"Well, Nik would probably lock me in that bloody coffin of mine again if I ever did. It's not in my interest to miss another century because of you, stupid girl."

"Why are you still here?" The brunette questioned, gaining a little confidence from my statement.

"I won't stand here and listen to your poor interrogation skills. Just go off and get what you came for." Eager to get away from the doppelgänger, I turned to walk away from her but was pulled to a stop.

"I just want to know why you're so close to Damon and Stefan. I mean, we're suppose to be enemies." She retracted her hand from my arm quickly, the sentence falling from her lips in a quick breath.

"Darling, I have a long history with the Salvatore brothers." I hummed lightly, raising an eyebrow at the brunette.

"Like how Klaus and Rebekah met Stefan in the 1920's in Chicago?" She questioned further.

I thought about not answering her questions, but realized that she knew nothing of my past with either of the brothers.

"Even longer. I met Damon and Stefan in 1863." She looked at me surprised, a bit confused even.

"They never mentioned you." She muttered to herself, looking down to the ground.