Ch6- Talking

I was in my sports bra because of my bruise. It was about 1 am, we had just gotten back from practice. There was a small knock on my door.

I opened my door to see Gunnar. "Can I come in." I just moved out of the way in reply. "Sorry to wake u I just had to check on you." "Gunnar it's ok I wasn't even asleep I just got back from practice and I'm fine."

"That's not fine" he said as he lightly ran his fingers over by stomach bruise. It really could have been worse if I didn't have a 6 pack. Yes I am a girl with a 6 pack. I work out a lot and even then Stannson still works us to death.

That's when I noticed a bruise on his cheek. "Oh my gosh are you ok what happened??" He just looked down. "Gunnar look at me did Stannson do that to you???" He nodded.

"I'm so sorry you shouldn't have protected me this is my fault I don't want you to protect me anymore." "I did what I did for a reason and I will not EVER spot protecting you. I may have gotten punished but it was my choice and I wouldn't change it for anything."

"Thanks Gunnar." "Wait did you say you just got back from practice." I nodded. "After playing us?" I nodded again. "Why?" "Because Bombay is turning into Stannson and I don't like it" I stated.

"I'll leave so you can get some sleep." "You don't have to leave Gunnar I'm a big girl" I replied. He smiled at me so I smiled back. "I know but I'll still never stop worrying about you." He lifted his arms a little. I immediately stepped forward.

He had his arms tightly around my waist pulling me as close as possible. I had mine wrapped around his neck but I had stand on my tippy toes to do so.

He chuckled and lightly picked me up and placed my feet on top of his. "You know sometimes I wonder how you and Olaf are twins he is this big tall strong guy and you are still tougher and stronger than him just really short."

"I know I know it's torture." We were still just standing there hugging, me on his toes, when he started walking towards my bed. When we got there he picked me up bridal style and placed me on my bed.

"Got to sleep you have class tomorrow." "How did you.... You know I don't want to know, goodnight Gunnar" I replied. "Goodnight beautiful." He started toward the door then came back, grabbed an ice pack from my mini fridge, and put it on my stomach, then placed the covers over me. And with that he left.

I spent the rest of the night dreaming about Gunnar.

*next morning in class*

I was in class and super tired. I was sitting next to Dwayne and stole his hat and put it on my head over my face.

I heard Ms. McKay trying to wake Luis up. Then she told us to go get some rest and canceled practice.