Chapter 1: Waiting, waiting, waiting

Alright so, new story :3

Please tell me what you think, about the chapter, the cover, the characters, the story plot, everything, I would seriously appreciate it ^^

Hope you enoy,

-> Desyre

                I felt like I’ve spent my whole life waiting for someone or something. You must know that feeling, when you wait for someone to answer your text or your call, or your question, or whatever. That feeling like you’ve waited ages until finally you get an answer, or not. And then you move on with your life and just forget about it. The difference here was that whenever I move on, that next thing left me waiting as well, and then the next after that does the same. And so, you spend your whole life waiting, just like me.

                Waiting for an email in response to the one you emailed a month ago. Waiting for someone else to return the call they promised to return a year ago. Waiting for my mom to tell me she talked to someone she promised to talk to two years ago. Waiting for my mom to tell me she’s dating someone when I’ve known it for about three years. Waiting for my mom to tell me she broke up with whoever she was seeing when I’ve known it for about a month. Waiting for my best friend during childhood, who promised to email me, to call me back, and to come back for senior year, to finally do so. And finally waiting for school to be over and go home to wait for night to arrive and go to sleep, and wake up the next day to do the same thing.

                Well I have to admit I didn’t actually spend all that time doing nothing but sitting on my ass and waiting. But it was a conscious thought in the back of my mind. And the worst part of it is that I still wait instead of just giving up.

“Sam! I’m leaving! Don’t be late for school!” I heard my mom yell.

“Alright!” I yelled back.

                I grabbed my bag and went out of my room walking to the living room where my mom had the door open and was already leaving. She saw me and smiled sheepishly.

“I didn’t mean you had to go already, I just didn’t want you to be late for school.”

“I know.” I said shrugging. “I was planning on leaving anyway and thought we could walk together part of the way or something.”

                This was a mean trick on my part. I knew my mom was dating someone already but like she did with all of her past boyfriends she was hiding it from me. I also knew said boyfriend normally picked her up and drove her to work. You didn’t have to be a rocket scientist to know that. You just had to peek out of the window when she left and you’d see him arrive a few seconds after she left the house. I never confronted her about it. I just waited patiently for her to tell me.

“Oh.” My mom looked like she was entering a panic attack. Right then a horn sounded in the distance and I guessed that was her boyfriend waiting for her in the street in front of the building where we lived. “I-I-I’m sorry, Sammy. I-I already have a-a ride. We c-could walk together tomorrow.” She said faking a smile. I knew she was entering full panic at this moment.