Chapter 9: I Don't Blame You

Hey guys :3 Sorry for the late update >.< As soon as I got back home I had to do a million and one things and when I finally had free time I still had to proofread this, so yeah. Sorry :/

As always please let me know what you think about the chapter! ^^

Hope you enjoy,

->Desyre

“Mom!” Katelyn yelled from where she stood on the doors that led to the house, holding a platter of something.

“You need to go.” Carol said again glaring at me.

“She’s not going anywhere!” Katy said putting the platter down roughly on the table and I wondered just when she had crossed the yard to the table. “What is wrong with you? Why are you talking like this to her? She hasn’t done anything!”

“Oh she did do something. She corrupted you. I was worried this would happen when we moved back here, I just hoped you two wouldn’t cross each other or something, but I should’ve known she would still find you and start to corrupt you again!” Carol said turning to glare at Katelyn. “I don’t want you to talk to this disgusting sinner ever again, much less come close to her. And you!” She continued turning to me. “I think I told you to go.”

                I just kind of sat there shocked to the core. I could only stare at the woman who had been like a second mother to me once as she called me a sinner and disgusting, and told me to go.

“I said she’s not going anywhere!” Katy yelled again. “I invited her here and I decide whether she stays or goes!”

“This is my house and if I say she goes, then she does. Why are you even defending her?” Carol asked narrowing her eyes.

“Because she’s my friend?!” Katy asked looking outraged and pissed. “What is wrong with you? What are you talking about? Corrupting me? What the fuck mom?”

“You don’t talk to me like that!” Carol thundered. “See? See what she’s doing to you? You would’ve never been this disrespectful to me if it wasn’t for her! She’s already corrupting you! Stay away from her Katy, she’s a sinner! She… she… she likes women! She’s a sinner!”

                When she said that everyone looked taken aback and turned to stare at me. Well, I might not have been in the closet but I had never been with a woman before so it was easy to see why they thought I was straight. My chest tightened and uneasiness spread through my belly. I hated attention. I hated people staring at me. Maybe I should really just go.

“I think I’m gonna go.” I muttered, getting up and wanting nothing more than to walk away.

“No! You’re staying right the fuck here!” Katy said glaring at me. “So what if she like’s women? What’s so wrong about that?! And a sinner? Where the fuck did you get that from? You don’t even believe in God!”

“That doesn’t matter! She’s still disgusting and a freak! Stay away from her!” Carol screamed pointing at me.

                My chest tightened a little more and I wasn’t sure if it was on repressed anger or if it was the stares of everyone, or if maybe it was Katy and her mother talking about me like I wasn’t really there.

“I don’t mind, really, we could talk about this another time.” I muttered, wanting to get away from here.

“No! I said you’re staying here!” Katy said turning to glare at me. “I’m not gonna stay away from her just because you say so! And how do you even know that she likes women? You can’t just go around saying stuff like that based on assumptions and rumors!” Katy yelled angrily. “Mom, you don’t…”