Chapter 8: Not So Perfect

Special thanks to everyone who was voted and added this story to their reading lists :3 That being the new people and the old people, like the ones that just got here and the ones that have followed this story from the very beginning. It really means a lot to me! I'm silly like that, I know. Just because you add them to your reading lists it doesn't even mean you'll necessarily read them but still, it makes me happy! I'm just silly like that xD

So as always, let me know what you think about the chapter! ^^

Hope you enjoy,

-> Desyre

                To say the first Monday Katy and I walked together to school was scary would be a huge understatement. She came to pick me up from my apartment and everything, so we could walk to school together. Mom had a field trip teasing me about that because for once in my life I was actually going to school with spare time, which meant I had woken up earlier, sacrificed my precious minutes of sleep for Katy. My mom cooed left and right telling me that I was already giving up stuff for my girlfriend and I blushed ‘til I felt like all the blood of my body had accumulated on my cheeks. I tried my usual grumpiness but it failed terribly in the face of my embarrassment. Katy and I walked to school closely together, talking about random things like the fact that her highlights were now purple and my untamable mass of curls that was drawn back into a high ponytail. Katy leaned in to whisper that I looked hot like that and I think I turned about fifty shades of red. Katy chuckled, obviously enjoying making me blush and teasing me about it. Once in school, whatever mood I was in died a merciless death.

                I gulped and took a deep breath. If there was one thing I hated the most in the world it was attention and right then everyone was staring at Katy and me. Katy wrapped her arm around my waist from behind and gave me silent support as we walked down the halls of school. We made quick stops on our lockers and walked together to our first class that Monday. Out of all our classes we only shared this one, which sounded like a relief, taking into account Mondays were my worst days. I mean, it’s the start of the week, return to reality, end of sleeping in late and lounging around, who in his or her right mind likes Mondays? Katy and I found seats together and sat down making small talk while we waited for class to start and ignored the obvious stares from everyone. Once that class ended Katy walked me to my next class and then leaned down to press a soft, chaste kiss on my lips telling me she’d be here to talk me to my next class.

                I blushed furiously and quickly walked into the classroom feeling the weight of the stares on the back of my neck increase. It was like Katy just gave them all the more reason to stare. I went to my seat and sat down, keeping my head low and pretending to be concentrated on my notebook. When had she become this… touchy? This lovey-dovey. She wasn’t like this before, she didn’t like to hug or even touch people unless it was absolutely necessary. Now she was all hugs and kisses and touches and it kind of unnerved me. I wasn’t a touchy person. I was grumpy. I didn’t like PDAs. Yeah, I kissed her right outside and on the door of my apartment but that was something else. No one would see us there, no one that cared anyways. Riley was Riley, and my mom, well, she was my mom too, but the people in school were something else. I didn’t know any of them, I didn’t like any of them enough to be polite, much less to show them how I acted with my… whatever the fuck we were. We hadn’t gone in that date after all, but yet we touched and kissed, so if we weren’t dating what were we? The bell signaling the end of class rang and I groaned.

                Katy would be there. Waiting to walk me to my next class and kiss me again. I kind of wished this classroom had two doors so I could escape through the other door. I sighed and got up, grabbing my stuff and walking to the door. Like I had expected, Katy was standing there looking happy and cheery. I managed a smile for her and she grabbed my hand, dragging me off to my next class and telling me all about some guy in her past class who had asked something stupid to the teacher and had gotten laughed at. It might be kind of mean, but I tuned her out, concentrated instead on the stares we were getting. I felt like shrinking to the size of a bug or a particle and just disappear. I just wanted the floor to swallow me whole, at least then I wouldn’t have to bear this stares. Once we got to my next classroom Katy leaned back in and kissed me again, waving at me as she quickly left to go to her class. I wanted to just die right then. The teacher was standing there looking at me with big wide eyes. I walked quickly into the classroom and sank as much as I could into my seat. Floor eat me up. Please?