Chapter 10: Fairy Tale Princess

Firstly, I know this is short, please don't kill me >.< I had to make it this short, I just couldn't imagine adding anything else to the chapter to make it longer. I need it to be this short. It's not that I'm having writer's block or whatever, this has a purpose.

Secondly, there's only one more chapter left. No! Remember you said you wouldn't kill me! *hides*

As always, let me know what you think about the chapter! ^^

Hope you enjoy,

-> Desyre

                As soon as I stepped through the door I was received by the screams the heavy wooden door had muffled.

“Really? You thought that hiding things from me was the best decision?!” Katy screamed at both her parents.

“Katy we only wanted what was best for you.” Carol said sternly.

“Oh really?” Katy seethed. “And you didn’t stop to think that I had a right to know that my dad hit me? That you two got separated? That I used to have a best friend? That we kissed? That I loved her? You didn’t think I had a right to know that?”

                There were tears in Katy’s face now but she kept her head held high, squaring both of her parents with a glare.

“Katy, we…” Carol started to say sounding angry and tired.

“I don’t want to hear it mom.” Katy snapped tears still running down her face. “In fact, I want you both to go. I need to talk to Sam.”

                I then realized that I had been standing there like an idiot, watching the whole scene.

“What?!” Carol asked sounding outraged. “You don’t talk to me like that young lady! And I forbid you from talking to her.”

                I felt anger bubble deep inside me when Carol said ‘her’ like it was an insult, like I was the most disgusting thing she had ever seen.

“I am not being disrespectful, I’m just asking you to please step outside so I can talk to Sam. And I won’t stop talking to anyone just because you say so. I’ve been eighteen for a while now, and I can decide for myself who I talk or don’t talk to. Please step outside.” Katy said in a monotone voice that projected her anger but that didn’t give her parents any foundations to scold her for being disrespectful. She wiped her tears away with her hands and stared down at her parents.

                Carol bristled and right as she was going to open her mouth, to say something nasty probably, Katy interrupted her.

“I already said please. Don’t make me do something drastic. I can get you escorted out by the nurses or security if you don’t know how to step outside.” Katy said in the same monotone, though she could’ve been seething from the way she glared at her parents.