Chapter 4

He could feel himself growing more impatient by each passing minute. Narrowing his blue eyes at his phone in front of him, Skylar picked it up from the table to check it for the millionth time before tossing it back down. Why hasn’t Itachi called him yet? It was nearly six in the evening and still no word from that damn raven haired man. Not even a text! A frustrated groan left his lips as he fell back onto his bed just wishing that someone would put him out of his misery. Maybe Itachi was just playing him? Telling him he would tell him what he wanted to hear just so he would leave him alone?

Skylar’s body jumped at the sound of his phone suddenly ringing, practically lunging himself at the device. He took a quick glance at the screen, causing his heart to quicken as Itachi’s name sprawled across the screen. Well, it was about damn time. Swiping him thumb across the screen, he quickly answered the call and brought the receiver up to his ear.

“Hello?” He could feel his fingers tingle as he held his phone, waiting for the other male to reply.

“Sorry for calling so late. I had a joint project that took longer than expected.” Skylar could feel his heart thump at the other’s voice setting off his auditory perception.

“You could have text me or something.” Skylar exasperated, a little annoyed with having to wait this long. It was seriously putting him on edge.

“Again, I apologize. Are you free now?” Skylar hummed in affirmation. “Do you mind if I come over? This isn’t exactly a matter for other’s ears.” Skylar’s eyes quickly scanned over his semi unkempt living quarters. Dirty clothes littered the floor and some old take-out still resided where he last left them. If Itachi were to come over he’d have to tidy up a bit.

“Sure, I don’t care. I can text you the address.” Skylar replied, trying to sound calm despite his insides feeling like they were going to explode.

“Have you eaten yet? I can bring some dinner over with me as well.” Skylar couldn’t help the little voice in the back of his head that was telling him this was starting to sound like a date.

“No I haven’t. You can do whatever.” A low chuckle met his ear, causing the butterflies to stir further in his stomach.

“Alright. Chinese fine?” Skylar hummed again, not bothering put together a sentence. “I’ll see you in a bit then. Bye.”

“Ok. Bye.” As soon as the line hung up, Skylar jumped up from his bed and went into a frantic cleaning mode. There was no way in hell that he would let Itachi see what a pigsty his place was the very first time he came over. Talk about a turn off. A disgusted look crossed Skylar’s features as he picked up an empty container of food that was starting to form its own colony of life. Sometimes being a student was just too time consuming for menial tasks such as cleaning… Hopefully he would have enough time to get his place at least somewhat decent before Itachi showed up.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A heavy sigh left Skylar’s lips as he wiped the sweat off his brow with his arm. Cleaning his apartment seemed to be a bigger task than he expected it to be. Though, luckily for him, his place was looking rather nice now and just in the nick of time. Knocking resounded throughout his apartment as he quickly made his way to the front door, throwing away the last bit of trash on his way. Glancing in the mirror beside the door, Skylar quickly fixed himself up a little bit before heaving a heavy breath and opening the door.

“Hey.” Skylar breathed, taking in the image of Itachi on his front step. A smirk crossed the pale man’s features as he stood, holding a white plastic bag full of mouthwatering food if the scent wafting from it was anything to go by. Skylar stepped aside, allowing him to enter his humble abode.