Chapter 12

A slight groan left Skylar’s lips as he began to wake, a mild hangover racking his skull. He glanced to his side, a frown settling on his lips as he noticed the empty space beside him. Did he really sleep with Itachi last night or was that just a dream? Skylar winced, a dull throb resonating from his lower back, as he rolled over onto his back so he could sit up. No, last night was definitely real. So where was Itachi?

Skylar’s blue eyes noticed a glass of water sitting on his nightstand, along with two painkillers sitting on top of a note. He took the pills graciously, swallowing them down, before looking over the note left behind. His eye darted over the text, recognizing the handwriting as Itachi’s.

‘Sorry I couldn’t stay until you woke up. I didn’t think it was possible but you look even sexier while you’re asleep. It made it that much harder for me to leave. Though, staying the night would have been too risky no matter how much I wanted to. I’ll call you later after class. –Itachi’ A smile spread on Skylar’s lips as he read over the note. Wait a second, class? His eyes shifted quickly to his clock. Shit. He was going to be late for his first class.

Skylar quickly jumped out of bed, immediately regretting it as short pain shot up his back as he hobbled to get dressed. He half considered just skipping but he didn’t want to lose out on the attendance and participation points that affected his grade. He could really feel the extent to which his muscles were worked as he pulled on his pants before slipping on his shoes and racing out of the door with a minor limp.

Skylar let a low curse under his breath as he made it to the lecture hall, the professor already starting. The professor gave him a slight glare for interrupting his lecture as Skylar tried to make his way, quietly, to his seat. He grimaced as he sat down on one of the hard plastic chair, knowing that sitting here for the next couple of hours was going to be pure hell.

“Well that’s a walk of shame if I’ve ever seen one.” His friend chuckled as Skylar gave him a dark glower.

“Shut up.” Skylar hissed, not in the mood to be dealing with any of this right now. Why couldn’t it just be the weekend?

“You’re pretty prissy for someone who just got laid.” Skylar pursed his lips, sending him yet another glare. “What? Was this mystery man not up to your expectations or something?” His friend joked, enjoying Skylar’s darkened mood.

“Not that it’s any of your business, but it was amazing. It’s in the top five best sex I’ve ever had.” The sound of the professor clearing his throat caught their attention causing Skylar to smile sheepishly at him as the professor gave them the stink eye.

“That good, huh?” His friend whispered, leaning over his desk once the professor wasn’t paying attention to them anymore. “Then why are you so grouchy?”

“You think I’d want to be here after a good romping? Hell, I didn’t even get a second round in before my boyfriend had to leave.” Skylar pouted, still a little bent over the fact that Itachi didn’t stay the night. He may not look like it but he’s the type who likes to cuddle. Plus, having someone around to help you take advantage of your morning wood was always a plus. Though, he didn’t get any of that.

“He have to get home to his wife?” A smile spread on his friend’s lips as Skylar sent him yet another deadly glare.

“For the last time, I’m not doing a married man.” Skylar hissed, glancing at the instructor to make sure he still wasn’t paying attention to them.

“Alright, if you say so.” His smile widened, further irritating Skylar. “You want to hit up a bar later tonight? I’m in dire need of a wingman. I’ll buy the drinks.” Skylar scoffed, rolling his blue orbs.