Chapter 5

A smile crossed Skylar’s lips as he woke to the screeching sound of his alarm. He was too elated to even care that it was waking him up at this ungodly hour. He stretched out his muscles, a groan emerging from his throat, while he blinked his eyes a few times trying to rid the sleep from them. His grin widened as he stared at his ceiling, the events of last night fresh in his memory. He was in a relationship… with Itachi. Albeit a secret relationship, it still felt absolutely amazing.

Jumping out of bed, Skylar’s body felt restless. This whole ordeal with Itachi was just like a weight off of his shoulders. Sure he’d love to go shout to the world that he caught said Uchiha, nothing would make him happier than to rub it in a few people’s faces, but he respected Itachi’s situation. Being able to be with him was more important than all of that other stuff.

Quickly changing into his chosen outfit for the day, Skylar grabbed his bag and headed out for his morning class. Frankly, he was a strong believer in not taking a class before noon, but luck had it that this particular class was required and only offered in the wee hours of the morning. It was hard enough to learn new material in general besides trying to do it while fighting the impending urge to sleep. Thank god for coffee right?

“Well, well, well. What’s got you looking like the cat that ate the canary?” Skylar’s grin widened a fraction as he sat down in a desk next to his friend, setting up his laptop in order to take notes.

“Not that it’s any of your business, but let’s just say I met someone.” A grunt left Skylar’s lips at the sudden impact of a hand against his back.

“Seriously dude? That’s great! Who’s the lucky guy?” Skylar gave his friend a slight glare as he pushed his shoulder blades back trying to stop the stinging.

“It’s a secret. Besides, you don’t know him.”

“You’re not doing a married man are you?” Skylar’s glare hardened as his friend let out a laugh at Skylar’s deadly look. Though, Skylar didn’t get a chance to give a brilliant retort because of the professor entering the room, starting the lecture. Skylar just muttered an obscenity under his breath as he turned his attention towards his professor, not wanting to get kicked out of lecture for being a disturbance by talking through it. He was just going to have to ignore his friend who was smiling impishly next to him.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A heavy sigh left Skylar’s lips as he closed his laptop, packing up after the two hour lecture. Lacing his fingers together, he extended his arms out in front of him in order to stretch out his tired muscles. Luckily, his friend had a class right after this one and couldn’t stay to pester him further. Now all he had to worry about was what he was going to do to kill the four hour gap between his classes.

Placing his laptop back in his bag, a sudden vibration rippled against his thigh. Pulling his phone from the depths of his jean pocket, a smile spread on his lips as he unlocked the screen and saw he received a text from none other than Itachi.

‘You free to meet for lunch?’ His heart did a leap as he quickly mashed out his reply.

‘For you, yes.’ He flipped his bag over his shoulder, having to leave the room as students from the next class began to filter in. His eyes remained on his phone as he walked through the hall, awaiting Itachi’s reply.

‘Great. Meet at the dining hall in 20.’ Skylar didn’t even bother to respond to the text as he veered his direction to head for the campuses food establishment. It mainly was used by freshmen who were unfortunate enough to live on campus and had no other options or those who were stuck on campus and didn’t have enough time to go get other food. Either way, the food was decent enough. He was just more surprised that Itachi didn’t want to go to a more private place.