What?!?!

CARLISLE'S P.O.V.

As I asked Rayleigh some questions, I quickly realized that she was pregnant.

"When was the last time you were sexually active?" I asked her. I saw her look at Emily and Michelle before she looked down at her hands in her lap. I looked over at Emily and saw her look from Rayleigh to me and I guess she got the hint on my face and stood up to leave.

"I will just be outside the door." She said to Rayleigh.

"Rayleigh? What happened to you?" I asked her. I didn't think she was going to answer but after about five minutes she finally answered me.

"M-my step-f-f-father raped-d m-me." she told me very quietly still looking down her hands.

"How long ago was this? Did you report it to any authorities?" I asked her, already knowing the answer to my second question without her having to tell me.

"Almost 3 month's ago and no I haven't told anybody but you." She said with tears pouring down here face.

Her sister crawled into her lap and wrapped her arms around her necked to give her a hug, then sat on her lap and was leaning on her while glaring at me.

"Why did you make my sissy cry more?Your not going to hurt her too are you?" Michelle asked me.

I looked into eyes, "I promise you I will never hurt you or your sister." I guess just promising wasn't enough because she stuck her little pinkie out at me. "I pinkie promise I'm not hurt either one of you. OK?"

"OK. You better not now. You pinkie promised and you not allowed to break those. Right Sissy?" She asked as she looked up at Rayleigh.

"That's right baby. You don't ever break a pinkie promise." She told her little sister smiling for first time since I met her.

RAY'S P.O.V.

It made sense now that I thought about about, morning sickness, getting sick with certain scents, and being so completely tired from doing anything.

"What about fainting earlier? Did it hurt the baby? Was it because I was pregnant?" I asked him worriedly.

He just smiled at me reassuringly, " No that wasn't from being pregnant nor did it do anything to the baby. I think you just fainted from worrying about Paul." He said.

"Can you tell me what happened to him? Nobody will say anything." I asked him hoping he would. But felt disappointed when he shook his head no, but then I felt happy when he told me I could go see him though. I quickly got off the bed with Michelle in my arms and walked to the door. I opened it to reveal a nervous Emily.

"Can you please tell where Paul is at?" I asked her anxiously, I have no idea why I am some anxious to see Paul, I should be running away from him and go home where everything is safe and normal.I followed her to another door and she opened it for me. I walked into the room which only had a lamp for light and it was on the night stand by the bed, which had a sleeping Paul in it. I walk over to the chair that was beside the bed and sat down. After about 10 minutes of sitting there look at Paul's face I realized Michelle had gone to sleep. I guess it was time for us to leave.

"Ray?" I looked over to see Paul trying to sit up. "Why are you in here?" he sounded confused.

"I'm sorry I was just leaving. I just wanted to check on you but Michelle fell asleep so we will leave now." I said quickly.

"Wait." He said. "You don't have to leave. She can lay in the bed next to me. Then you can stay and keep me company."

I hesitated for less than a minute before I laid Michelle down on the bed beside Paul and sat back down in the chair. I don't know why but I wasn't ready to leave him yet.

"Paul? What happened to you? How serious is it?" I asked him, scared for the answer.

PAUL'S P.O.V.

I woke up and heard some shuffling next to me, I looked up and saw Ray standing there holding a sleeping Michelle.

"Ray?" I called out, not quite believing she was really here. "Why are you in here?"

"I'm sorry I was just leaving. I just wanted to check on you but Michelle fell asleep so we will leave now." She told me quickly. I felt my heart sink, I didn't want her to leave.

"Wait." I called hoping she would stop and glad when she did. "You don't have to leave. She can lay in the bed next to me. Then you can stay and keep me company." I saw her hesitate before she laid Michelle on the bed next to me. I felt relief that she didn't bolt out the door when she sat down and looked down at me.

"Paul? What happened to you? How serious is it?" She asked me with what I would say was worry mixed with fear.

I sighed as I looked at beautiful face and I knew I had to lie to her but I didn't want to. " I was attack by a mountain lion. I ended up with a broken rib and a fractured leg also a some scratches all over my body. If Jake hadn't been there to pull me away I probably would have been a lot worse." I heard her gasp and saw tears fall from her eyes. "Hey, don't cry for me OK? I'm not worth any tears, but I do want you to promise me one thing never go into the woods and never let Michelle go either. I couldn't bare it if the same thing happen to you or little Michelle here. OK? Please promise me." I asked her anxiously.

"I promise I won't and there is no way I would let Michelle go. Oh Paul, you could have died. If Jake hadn't been there you could of died." She said crying harder now. She was now out of the chair and kneeling next to the bed. I felt her grab my hand and felt like the happiest-saddest person ever when she did. Happy because she was holding my hand, but sad because I could feel how sad and worried she was and it hurt me. I used my free hand to wipe her tears off her face.

"He was there though. so don't think about what would have happened and focus on the fact that I'm not dead." I told her. Although I was happy she was concerned for me, I hated seeing her tears. The broke my heart seeing her so worried and upset.