Chapter 6

Sang

Sang turned around to come face to face with gray eyes. 

That was Owen? The jerk! 

She couldn't contain the anger she felt towards him. First, he gets her fired from her job, then chases her out into the street, and takes her unconscious body to his apartment? What kind of sick man is he! She stalked towards him, hands clenched to stop herself from punching him. 

"What did you do to me? Is it not enough that you got me fired from my job? Now you want my body too?" she spat in his face, "You can have any airhead heiress you want in the world! Is it because you don't want a high profile elite to expose of your ways so you victimize a poor waitress? I can't believe that you-" 

Owen cut her off, "No, contrary to your belief, I do not prey on innocent woman. You were hit by a car in your rush to get away from me on 50th street yesterday afternoon. Since no one else helped you, I had no choice but to bring you to my apartment to prevent you from being 'victimized' by other people. And no, I did not touch you. I have other 'airheaded' models to sleep with instead. My housekeeper changed you out of your clothes last night." 

Sang instantly felt bad. This man saved her from laying unconscious in the street, and brought her, a complete stranger into his house. He gave her a warm bed and clothes to wear, and how did she respond? By accusing him of raping her of course! 

"Wait, why was the bed so warm this morning? Did someone sleep next to me?" she asked, suddenly suspicious. 

Twin red spots formed on Owen's cheeks. "That is not important," he stammered, "I think your clothes should be dry by now. Why don't you go change." 

Sang stared at him for another minute, still suspicious, before questioning, "If it's not important, why don't you just tell me?"

"Because it holds no value for you to know."

"It holds no value to me? I think I deserve to know who was next to my unconscious body! What if someone did something to me?" 

Owen

Owen's blood boiled thinking that someone would ever touch her in a way that was unwanted. 

Like the way Sean was holding her just a few moments ago. Or was that jealousy talking? 

 Owen just continued to stare at the angry little girl. She was so cute thinking that she could scare him. Kind of like a kitten trying to show its claws. 

She continued to stalk around the couch towards him. 

"You get me fired from my only job, a job that I really need, and then stalked me? And now you won't simply tell me who was next to me while I was unconscious?" 

The whole time she was fuming at him, Owen could only think about getting her to work for him. He wanted to see her everyday. 

"And," Sang continued, "You leave me alone in a strange apartment. I woke up thinking of the worst possible scenarios." Her beautiful face looked crestfallen now. He couldn't stand it. 

"Well, what was I supposed to do? I have a job to do you know! I can't sit around all day!" he retorted. 

Owen saw Sean standing behind Sang trying to warn him to stop. Why? 

Sang's eyes flashed, "Well, I would be on shift right now if someone didn't get me fired!" As she spoke, her arm flew out making contact with a vase on Owen's glass side table. 

Owen felt as if the vase was falling in slow motion. Tipping over and then suddenly plummeting to the floor. 

"Oh! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to hit your vase! Was that expensive? I will pay it back!"