Chapter 2 - The Combat Practice

"How are your arms?" I asked Jen as we walked in-group back to the gym again for another combat practice.

"I'll live!" She smirked. "Not as bad as Jack," she moved quickly behind me to reached for Jack who walked in my left, and she punched his right arms. Small growled and frowned come from Jack. He glared to his twin sister, wrapped my left arm with his and pulled me away from Jen.

"Heyyy Roxy is my friend too!" Jen didn't stop teasing her brother; she started to wrap her arm to my right hand and pulled me towards her. Both twins now pulled me over and over like I was some kind of rope.

I laughed a little because of this family friendly competition between siblings. I tighten both of my arms and pulled both of them closer to me, "shut up you guys. Stop acting like a child!"

"I'm not a child!" Jen let her arm go and walked freely beside me and made weird faces to her brother. Jack shakes his head and rested his one arm onto my shoulder.

"I wonder what my position now in the scoreboard. I hope I don't lose any point for making Eric's mad yesterday," worried Jen.

"You'll be fine!" Jack stated. "Yeah easy for you to say because you always end up in the top five along with Edward and Peter," protested Jen.

I was also curious about my position in the scoreboard. I was above the line but I want to keep up and be in the top five to proof everyone and myself that I was good at this. That I feel I was worth enough, to be in Dauntless. Beside I want to have a great position after the ceremony.

My daydream end when the fight between Jack and Jen started again, they didn't even stop even when we finally arrived at the gym. I was afraid that they would get attention from Four, or even worse, Eric. We were circling the large circle in the middle of the training room called the Arena and Four was in the center of it. He called Edward to join him to show us a few combat moves. Edward is the top initiates in our group, and even he can't stand straight when Four doing his job. Four didn't hesitant to throw him down if it was necessary. Tris who stood on the opposite of me looks pretty nervous since she beaten by Molly pretty easy in our first week of training.

My concentration watching Four gets distracted by Jack and Jen who couldn't stop pushing each other and made me trembled from my feet. "Guys please!" I whispered hard enough for them to know that I was annoyed. Jack stop immediately but Jen didn't bother.

"Okay, pair up!" Four shouted. "Lets see what you can from watching me earlier."

Jack grabbed my hand and walked away from Jen, who now looking for another initiate to pair up with her. We make straight lines with two people facing each other and we were ready in our fighting position, when Eric yelled, "twins! Pair up with each other!"

"I already have a partner," said Jack doesn't bother looking at Eric.

"What!? You don't want to beat your own sister? You afraid?" He mocked Jack. "You can out now if you want!"

Jack exhaled hard, his lips were twitching but he didn't say anything and walked to Jen's position. I could see Jen's partner now pair up with Four and left me here alone with no more initiate to sparred for.

"Guess you stuck with me stiff!" He grinned and I gulped. He took off his leather jacket and left with only his black sleeveless t-shirt.

Tris and Christina who paired up together, stood a couple feet away from me shivered when they saw me had to face Eric. "Concentrate!" Yelled Four to everyone.

I was ready in my fighting position while Eric plays defends. I maybe just a small bean compare to Eric but I was fast. "Give me what you've got!" He teased as I jab and punch, and aim for his neck or his stomach because punching his chest won't work since his bulky arms were blocking it. I punched him several times but he kept his straight face like he didn't feel anything. I was frustrated and I faster my pace and aimed for his side face but he blocked away and I end up punching his arm. My other hand is free and I punched his stomach a couple of times before he grabbed my wrist and pinned me over. Now my back is facing his chest and both of my hands crossed on my chest with his hands hold me tightly.