Chapter 11 - The Information

A day later, the sun went down and the Pit was full with people chilling around after having dinner at the cafeteria. I was hanging around with my friends. Jen was sitting next to me and her bubbly personality was nowhere to be found. I saw Uriah walked pass us but he didn't bother to come and said hi to Jen. I looked at her and Jen was a little annoyed when she saw Uriah.

"I better go searching some information about my brother. I'll see you guys later!" She got up and left us behind. She worried sick about her brother not knowing what happened to him since game night and I hadn't told her about anything. About him attacked me and about him getting kicked out by Eric. I didn't know where to starts. Plus looked like something gone wrong between Uriah and her.

"She broke up with Uriah?" I asked my friends.

"I think they never in a boyfriend girlfriend situation. Besides Uriah is actually pretty close with Marlene now," Tris pointed to a blonde girl walking beside Uriah. I didn't really know the Dauntless-born initiates well like Tris did. Looked like Tris spent some time with them.

A moment later one of the Dauntless patrol members coming forward to our group. "Which one of you name Roxy?" He asked as he looked at the girls in my group one by one. I raised my hand and moved forward.

"Roxy! Max wants to see you in his office." He told me in his bold voice.

"Max?" I mumbled myself. "Something's wrong?" I asked him as I got up from my seat. There were concerned show up on my friends' faces and they started to look at each other asking if there was a problem that made Max wants to meet me.

"What does he wants?" Tris steps up and asked them.

"I don't know. He just told me to bring her to him right away!" He stated as another patrol member took a step forward and stood behind his teammate. "Come!" He turned around ready to leave but then looked at me, waiting for me to follow him. I walked behind this two patrol members to the upper floor where all the leaders' offices located. Max's office was located at the very top of the Pit, right below the Glass Building.

"Can you tell me what is it all about?" I asked and one of them turned his head around before started to talk. "All we know it has something to do with the factionless." He told me. I was wondering myself, what it had to do with me if factionless caused any trouble. I wasn't part of the official Dauntless member yet.

They stopped in front of Max's office and told me to get inside. I knocked on the door and waited for Max to let me in. "Come on in!" He shouted and I opened the door.

"You're looking for me, sir?"

"Yes, Roxy." Max was standing in front of a blackboard with some weird stuff that I didn't understand and map hanging beside it. "Close the door." I closed the door behind me and walked closer to his desk after he closed the blackboard with a big piece of cover-up so I couldn't see it.

"Take a seat!" He said as he took a seat behind his desk and I took the chair before him. "There is a small riot happen in a section near the Abnegation compound. Some factionless is causing a little bit of trouble in there, but we're taking care of it as we speak." I was listening to what he said but still didn't get why I was called here.

"I heard about what happened to your parents," said Max, and I was confused how did he knows about this then I realized Eric must be the one who told him. "We would like to catch the guy. Some of our intel already in the field looking for him."

My heart immediately sank and the rage that I kept inside all this time was starting to boil up again, but I tried my best not to show it in front of Max. Joined Dauntless is one of the main reason for me to found my parents killer. After all these years, they didn't really care about what happened to a regular people in Abnegation but they finally did something today. Then I guessed that it was all because of Eric, he was the only one knew about it. He was helping me again without me knowing it.