Chapter 13 - The Fight

My friends and I were hanging in the Pit like usual. It has been three days I was avoiding Eric. I kept surrounding myself with my friends since I knew Eric had too much pride to come and tried to talk to me when everyone was around. I caught him stared at me with tension and his jaw tightened, probably holding whatever feeling he was holding. I always turned my face away immediately because seeing and avoiding him was also hard for me to do. I kept wondering what he was doing when I wasn't around. Never in my mind not talking to him would killing me like this but Eric has been crossing the line. He was being overly protective and he would eliminate anything that was trying to hurt me.

In this time like this, Jen was the one who would cheer me up but she had her own problem, her brother, who got kicked out by Eric. My problem and I would be the last thing on her mind right now. I knew I supposed to comfort her but every time I saw her, images of Jack attacking me always coming back and now I didn't really talk much to her. Other than Jen, Tris was the one who knew about Eric and me, well my other friends already suspected something especially Christina but I never clearly said yes or denied it.

I was lost in my own mind when suddenly a fight happened not so far from where we were sitting. My friends stood up to get a better view, curious about who was fighting. I also got up and tiptoed trying to see from over Al's shoulder since he was tall compared to myself.

"What!? What the fuck are you staring huh!?" The man cussing at a group of man and I realized it was no other than Eric. "Who do you think you are!?"

"Uhm Eric we didn't mean that... We uhm..." One of them bravely steps up and talked to him. Uriah was one among them and he stood behind the guy.

"Then why you acted like a fucking asshole!" Eric pushed him but the man who looked like a few years older than me didn't really show fear despite Eric was his leader and his other friends slowly took a step back.

"We don't want any trouble, Eric," he said as calmed as possible. "We're just talking in here."

"Talking, ha!? My ear catches a different kind of talking! Say it! Fucking says it in front of my face if you have balls in you!" Eric pushed him again but this time the guy pushed him back and immediately led to a fistfight.

Everyone in the Pit started gathered around and cheering. Fight like this actually pretty common in the Pit but they never see a leader, especially Eric, fight down here. Blood started to spill from both of them but none of them wanted to stop. I wanted them to stop. I couldn't stand seeing Eric covered with blood like that. Stop just stop. Stop. "Stop!" Unaware that my voice came out so loud and made a lot of people staring at me. Eric who was on top of the guy stopped hitting and he looked up to see me. He was panting and I looked away to the ground for not knowing what to do and feeling embarrassed after I yelled at them to stop. But suddenly the cheer came back and I looked up to see the guy was fighting Eric back. Both of them didn't want to stop until Four and Max showed up with other guards. Four grabbed the guy back, while two other guards held Eric. He was powerful even when two guys trying to hold him.

"What the hell is going on in here!?" Shouted Max.

Eric was pushing forward trying to reach the guy who was held by Four but he stopped when Max blocked him. Eric could just blow Max but he was a faction leader, he was in the top position, higher than Eric and that was probably the only reason he didn't punch Max.

"Leaders shouldn't be in a fight like that!" Said Max, and Eric was frowning and narrowing his eyes. His lips shut tight as he clenched his jaw again and again. "Care to explain to me?" Asked Max but Eric pulling his arms, trying to release from the guards. He walked out from the Pit after he glanced at me for a few seconds. "Ok dismiss everyone!" Said Max and people started scattering around away from the scene.