Innocence

Gerard Way's Point Of View

   Frank wasn't in bed when I woke up. I stood up and put on a clean t-shirt and a pair of black skinny jeans then brushed my hand through my hair wondering weather I should get a shower or not. I walked downstairs lazily. The room was untouched. Empty bottles next to wrappers and cigs. Out of the kitchen Frank walked out with a bin bag.
   '' He's gone, '' Frank sighed, '' They just went. '' I shook my head and walked to the kitchen to get a bag. I knelt down on the carpet and began to throw the rubbish in. I began to realise how Jaspar got hold of the letter. I put the bag down and walked over to the cupboard. The documents were there... All messed up and in random order. I took them out carefully and slammed them onto the coffee table. Frank looked up surprised. 
   '' Maybe it wasn't Jaspar but it was someone, '' I shouted.
   '' Let's get the room cleaned up first and then we'll take care of the papers, '' Frank suggested. I nodded and went back to cleaning. You take in a kid from the street, protect him and take care of him like your own and he just... I sighed as I threw the black bag next to the front door.

   The living room began to actually look like a living room after about 3 hours. We sat down on the couch at the coffee table. I halved the pile of papers and gave one half to Frank. The paperwork took us another 2 hours.
   '' Something's missing, '' I said putting the last pile in the drawer. 
   '' What's missing? '' Frank asked.
   '' Nothing.. Never mind. ''
   '' What's missing? ''
   '' It's nothing. Don't bother. ''
   '' Gerard just tell me. ''
   '' It's nothing, Frank. Just forget it. ''
   Frank looked at me for a while and crossed his arms. He certainly didn't lack determination and stubbornness.
   '' How are we supposed to be a couple if you never tell me everything? '' He asked sternly.
   I looked up at him, '' It's just a piece of pap- ''
   '' It's not just about the piece of paper. I'm speaking in general. It always have to be your way doesn't it? You rarely listen to me. ''
   '' But Frank- ''
   '' No! You never look at my side you just do what you think is right without even asking me, '' he yelled at me and walked to the kitchen angrily. He switched the kettle as I walked in. He kept his back turned on me, staring out of the window into our back garden with his arms crossed.

   '' Frankie, '' I whispered as I wrapped my arms around his waist swinging a little, '' Sorry. I didn't realise it, okay? ''
   '' Yeah.. whatever, '' he replied coldly and filled his cup with boiling water.
   '' Hey, I am really sorry, '' I continued.
   '' Oh, '' he murmured without changing his facial expression.
   '' Frank, '' I sighed.
   '' What? ''
   '' Are you still mad at me? '' 
   Just then there was a knock on the door. I let go of Frank's waist as he rushed to the front door in hope of seeing Jaspar. He came back lazily. 

   '' Who was it? '' I asked leaning against the counter.
   '' Just some guy offering cleaning, '' he sighed.
   '' Well, he should have came here a while ago.. '' I smirked. He took his cup of coffee and drank a bit then put it back down.
   '' I think we should go and look for Jaspar, '' he suggested a little worried.
   '' I think we should just carry on as normal. He'll come back when he puts his mind back in order. He didn't take any things with him, '' I smirked. Frank looked at me.
   '' D'you really think so? '' 
   I nodded. He looked at the floor and then took another sip of his coffee.
   '' Yeah, maybe.. Yeah, '' he agreed. 
   '' He'll be fine, '' I smirked. 

   My phone rang.
   '' Hello? '' I answered.
   '' Hey, how you doing? '' Mikey asked joyfully.
   '' Fine. What's up? ''
   '' Are you guys coming over to dinner today? I just thought it would be nice and I need to talk to you too. ''
   '' Erm.. Wait a sec, '' I smiled and looked up at Frank moving the phone away from my face.
   '' Are we coming over to Mikey's for dinner? '' I asked Frank.
   '' Yeah, sure, '' he smiled.
   I put the phone back to my ear, '' What time? ''
   '' I don't know.. about 5? ''
   '' Yeah okay. Well, see you at 5 then. ''
   '' See you, Gee. ''
   '' Bye. ''