Chapter 1 ~Hell of a first day Greenie

Screams of pain, fear and sadness echoed around my head, waking me up from my nightmare. My lungs were filled with water yet they felt like they were on fire, I coughed and took a deep breath, gasping for air. I tried to stand up but something hard and cold was stopping me. Looking up I saw a metal cage above me, and I tried to kick it open, but it was bolted shut. Glancing around me I saw a few boxes and what appeared to be a chicken or some kind of bird. Regretting my decisions, I looked down to see lights at the side blurring as the pace of the cage rising increased. Looking up I saw a dead end, but the cage was going faster. It was going to crash. I screamed, and I screamed, hoping that someone would hear, but they didn't. I closed my eyes knowing that I certainly wouldn't make the crash, and be squished like an ant, when surprisingly the iron box came to a sudden stop, throwing me backwards. A bright light entered the cage and I shielded it with my arm.
"What the?" A voice said. I looked around, waiting for my eyes to adjust to the blinding light, when I realised I was surrounded by a bunch of boys, with a confused look on their faces. "It's a girl?" An Asian looking boy said who was standing in front of me.
"What you never seen one before?"I asked with a hint of sass, I didn't want to come out as weak in front of these boys.
"Umm no." A British voice said behind me although my eyes were still staring at the Asian boy. He hesitated for a bit but after a while he held his hand out to me, but I just scoffed and stood up on my own and pushed myself out of the iron box. I looked around to see a large amount of space inside an enclosed area with a forest, some small buildings and a few animals.
"Um excuse me but, ah could you tell us your name?" A black boy said. I gave him a concerned look and he shook his head. "Sorry um my names Alby. Could you tell us a bit about yourself?"
"Umm my names Bethany and that's all I know."
"Strange?"
"What is?" I asked.
"Normally it takes a couple of days for our names to come to us. Maybe you were lucky. Uhhh oh! Chuck mind giving Bethany the tour?" A small, round, curly hair boy stepped out with a wide grin.
"Sure thing Alby. This way Bethany." He said grabbing my hand and pulling me away from the boys. I turned around slightly to see all of the boys with a shocked look on their faces, which kind of made me smirk and chuckle with the impact I had on them, bet they didn't see that coming. 

After the tour Chuck gave me, introducing me to every one, a boy with the name of Gally approached me.
"Gally right?"
"Yeah um the guys and I have built you your own room with a bath and stuff so you don't feel uncomfortable around us. But you need to get some water from the forest. There's a thing going on tonight and you should be there, seeing as your the guest of honour and all."
"Guest of honour?" I asked.
"Yeah we throw a party thing for a new Greenie every month and this month that's you."
"Oh alright. Thanks for the room by the way Gally. See ya later."
"Yea see ya." He said as I headed off to get the water.

The bath was lovely as I washed the sweat away. I closed by eyes and relaxed, letting the water settle in my dark brown hair. But the peace was disturbed by a bright blue light. I snapped back into reality and sat up in the bath rubbing my eyes. There was a voice, a women's voice "wicked is good" what the hell did that mean? I looked around but no one was there.
"Hello?" I asked but there was no reply. Suddenly there was a knock on the door, which made me jump. I groaned as I knew it would be one if the gladers. "ONE MINUTE!" I yelled and hopped out of the bath, holding the side of it to keep me steady. I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around my body. I opened the door only to find the Asian boy who was there in the box, stand in front of me with his mouth wide open, staring at me. "Shut your mouth Minho, you'll let the flies in." I joked. His mouth slammed shut and looked at me.
"I just came to tell you that the party will be in about 10 minutes and I was gonna show you around."
"Oh okay, well let me get dressed and I'll be out in a minute." I shut the door and looked for something to wear, but the only thing I had was the clothes I came up in. I at least wanted to make an impression, seeing as this was all for me but unfortunately that's all I had. I put on the clothes and tied my hair in a high pony. When I got outside Minho was looking in the distance but snapped back into reality when he saw me.
"Come on let's go."
Minho showed me around again as we walked around the campfire. We laughed a lot an I had a really good time with him. We were deep in conversation about the roles you play in the glade when I was pushed over by a glader, making me fall in Minho's strong arms. I looked up at him and then snapped my head around to see who had pushed me. A glader was lying on the floor, rolling around in pain.
"What the shuck Aidan?" Minho yelled, picking him up by his collar.
"S-s-sorry Bethany and Minho. It was a fight." I looked up to see everyone surrounding me, Minho, Aidan and Gally.
"A fight?" I asked.
"Yea you have to beat the other opponent by pushing them out the circle." Frypan exclaimed.
"Well?" Gally asked with his arms open looking at me.
"What?!" I asked in shock.
"You wanna go."
"Don't be ridiculous Gally." Minho said.
"No Minho it's alright. Gally doesn't know what he's up against." I stated with a smirk as I entered the circle and a loud cheer came from the crowd. "Don't worry Gally. I'll go easy on you." I said and every one laughed.
Gally made the first move by running at me and I dodged it easily. Before he cloud turn around I ran up behind him put one foot on his back and used him to push me up so I could do a flip in air and land directly in front of him. Gally stood up and grabbed my shoulders. I grabbed his in return and we were both face on trying to push the opposite opponent out of the circle. I had a disadvantage because Gally was a bit stronger, but I was more flexible. I used his strength against him and put my foot up on his chest and pushing off him, doing another flip and kicking his chin in the process, making him stumble over. As soon as he stood up I ran over to him and grabbed his back behind his waist and he gabbed my armpits. I was pushing against him but I could slowly feel my getting closer and closer to loosing, and I couldn't let that happen. I slapped his back hard and I could feel him fall. But he didn't let go of me. Gally fell directly on top of me, crushing my ribs.
"I could get used to this." Said Gally. Oh hell no. I used this to his disadvantage by placing my hand on his chest and on his belly. Slowly he leaned in. You got to be kidding me. This is horrible, I'm not some toy that they except to use, just because I'm a girl. I gave him a stern look, and kneed him in the balls and pushed him over the top of me. Gally moaned in pain as I stood up.
"YOU'RE TYPICAL I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN YOU'RE JUST USING ME FOR ENTERTAINMENT, ASSUMING THAT I'M WEAK JUST BECAUSE I'M A GIRL! WELL I'M NOT PLANNING TO BE ANY OF YOUR TOYS SO STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM ME!" I yelled and sprinted away, not letting any of them see my tears. So much for a good first day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/n I don't own the maze runner or any of the characters I only own Beth