Chapter Five

Supergirl's POV

I walked inside my room my mind trying to process what had happened today okay let's see:
- We got a new recruit (turned out to be the new robin)
- He was selfish and took the training area for himself
- Jaimes stopped him from hogging the place to himself
- Robin angered Jaimes (not good)
- They fought
-Jaimes blasted Robin (even worse!)
- Raven healed him
- And he has the coolest eyes ever...

Wait what! Why am I thinking like that? I cover my face with my hands to feel that's it's warm? I super speed to my bathroom and looked in the mirror to find that,to my surprise, I was...blushing! What the hell! I have never blushed in my entire life this is new.I furiously tried rubbing the blush off of my face(99% failing).

In the distance I heard a person...no...two people mumbling some words. I flew to my windows to see who it was. When I looked out could see two figures by the tower grounds mostly hidden in the bushes below.I used my super sight to see that it was Raven and....Damian? What are they doing?

As I looked closer I could see Raven standing up her hands forming a blue portal and her disappearing through it. 'What was that all about?'

Damian's POV

I don't believe her and I'm gonna prove it. I quietly made may way into the tower without making much sound and manged to find that alien girl's room. I looked around to see if she was there and stayed silent in case she was in the bathroom. To my luck she was no where to be seen.

I walked towards her desk and hacked into her computer. I started researching on Raven's background to find...nothing.
'Damn it.' I thought.

But I kept looking to see if I could find anything else on her that might lead to what that thing was. Until I heard footsteps.

"Damian, what are you doing in my room?"

I ignored her question and carried on typing.

"We have rules here. You never trespass another person's space."

I ignored her complaints and decided to conform her about Raven.
"You have nothing on her. No background, no history," I scowled at her.
"On who?"

"Raven.Your the leader of the team you should know everything about her it's called 'vetting'."

"She's 14. No mother, no father. She grew up in a hostile realm, not unlike my own planet. And she escaped, like I did. We didn't know anything when we took her in except that she needed a home. A place to grow."

The scowl on my face deepened. I stood up. "I was taught that knowledge was power and you knew nothing about her."

"How much do you have to know when people are in need? Garfield was eleven when his genetics kicked in and gave him green skin and powes, Kiara suffered the same fate as Superman when Krypton was destroyed but unlike him she never managed to find a home and had to grow up on the streets having to control her powers until we found her, we still don't know the purpose of Jaime's alien armor or all of its abilities. We just knew they needed help. You have to have a little faith sometimes."

I acted as if those words didn't shock me and put on a straight face.
"Faith is belief based on an absence of data. And it invites disaster." I said as I walked away.