Chapter Eight

Damian's POV

I was by a table, just minding my own business, when suddenly a picture of Kiara smiling at me popped up in my mind. I immediately felt warmth rush to my cheeks,my heart accelerated. Why am I blushing?!? I can't like her, can I? No I wont allow it I'm a superhero whose only duty is to help the civilians and help my father serve justice and not vengeance. I can't waste my time thinking about her.....and those baby blue eyes. My heart speed up again.

Do I like her? I thought about her smile and the way we made eye contact for the first time I just wanted to get lost in those eyes. Is this what it feels like to 'like' someone?

I was still having the mini debate in my mind when Raven came up to me with something big, pink and fluffy?

"Here, have some."

I reached out, took some and put it in my mouth. Only word word came to my mind. 'Sugar.'

"That tastes like pure sugar."

"Boy, were you up in those mountains a long time."She joked.

I scowled and looked away. Raven noticed.

"It was a joke, I'm not criticizing." She quickly said.

"I knew it was a joke. And if you knew me, you wouldn't waste your time trying."

"I guess neither of our lives are very funny.But I'll tell you something about yourself that not even you know. You may be insufferable,but in your heart, you are a kind and generous soul." She turned towards me smiling,then pointed ahead of us.

I looked to what she was pointing at and saw Kiara cheering, shouting and smiling. My heart speed up again!

"You can't fool me, Damian." Raven said.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Trying to change the topic.

"Sure." She replied unconvinced. "You know,you should tell her before its too late." Before standing up to join Kiara and Starfire.

What did she mean 'before its too late?' I stood up and joined to see that Garfield and Jaimes were playing some sort of game where you had to dance while mimicking the symbols it was showing on a huge screen.Looks interesting. I could see Jaimes struggling while Garfield,on the other hand, was doing well without breaking a sweat. After a while they stopped on Garfield's screen it said 'WINNER'. Jaimes came towards us panting and out of breath. While Garfield was allowing the crowd to cheer for him

"Please, please, no autographs.I'm a busy man."

"Free popcorn to anyone who can slay the beast." Jaimes said panting.

"I can do it." I volunteered

"You know how to dance?" Kiara said surprised.

"I'm a quick study." I replied avoiding her eyes.

I walked onto the stage and stood on the platform.

"Hmm, all right.Hope you're a good loser." Garfield said to me.

COMPUTER: 3.....2....1....DANCE!

To say that this was confusing was an understatement......it was difficult! I was as stiff as a board not making the correct movements I needed to do on time. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Garfield smirking to himself. I wasn't going to give up as that was not an option. But that didn't mean I wasn't going to win so easily.

Until I heard Kiara's voice shout out, "Come on,Damian you can do it!"

For someone reason her voice gave the motivation I needed to carry on, I even started getting the moves right, I smirked, now we're talking!

Halfway through the dance I could see that Garfield noticed that I was catching quickly and his face turned from triumph to annoyance. I turned my focus to the screen in front of me and continued dancing.

'WINNER' it read on my screen. I casually walked down the steps while Garfield trail behind me slowly trying to catch his breath.

"Awesome, dude." Jaimes complemented.

"Yes, quite impressive. You were very good too, Garfield." Starfire beamed at us.

"Yeah, okay. Whatever."

"Wow! Damian that was amazing! Where did you learn to dance like that?" Kiara said her eyes gleaming with excitement.

I was about to open my mouth to reply when we heard some distance screaming. We also saw Raven been thrown from the sky crashing to the ground.

"Raven! Titans, go!" Starfire commanded.