1. Apple Farm

"I think im gonna ask yukino out" sting cheered. "You say that all the time" rogue chuckled. "Well i think im gonna do it this time, here she comes now"

"Yukino, will you be my girlfreind?" she nodded. "Of course sting!"

~~~~~~~~

That happened about 3 months ago. The two couldnt be happier now. They're still together, doing things couples do, they even show off their lovely dovey-ness in front of their friends.

Rogue was genuinely happy for his best freind, despite this, it was tearing him apart on the inside.

Rogue's pov

I woke up and stretched. Time to prepare for another horrible day I guess. I looked in the Mirror, I'm a wreck. I fix my hair and brush my teeth. After that I get ready and head to the guild.

As soon as I walk in I'm greeted by Rufus. "Hello rogue, always nice to see you" he chuckled. I wave.

I head to the job request board. "Hm....what job?" My eyes get covered. "What the-" "guess who~" the voice chuckled. I could recognize that voice in my sleep. "Good morning sting" I say. He lets go, giving me my vision back. "So what job do you wanna go on? Let's make it quick, I have a date with Yukino tonight " he says. I roll my eyes. Good thing he couldn't tell. "That's great sting," I say, that came out way more sarcastically then intended. "Uh, you okay?" He asks. I chuckle and nod. "S-sorry about that, now, Lets see" I grab a job. "This seems simple, pick apples from Apple trees at a farm " I say. He nods.

Of course, Lector and Frosch are with us, and I don't mind at all. Lector is everything to sting and I feel the same about frosch. We walked, because dragon slayers in a vehicle? Nah, we'll pass.

"So master!" Lector starts. Sting rolled his eyes. "I'm just sting" "Sorry, anyways, we're are you going with Yukino?" He asks. I sigh. They just had to bring up Yukino. "To see this play, we planned for a about a month now." Sting says. "Rogue you should find a girlfriend " sting chuckled. I growled. "Not interested" "h-hey, Rogue if something is up you can tell me" sting said and flashed a smile. "I spot a farm!" Frosch cheered and ran towards it, Lector followed after him screaming, "w-wait!"

"Let's go" I say and was about to run but sting stopped me. "I'm serious" he said. I nodded. "I'm fine sting, but thank you, I know I can always count on you" I said. he chuckled and we ran after the two cat like creatures, exceeds to be exact.

The farmer greets us and takes us to the backyard we're the apple trees are. We just stare.

"That's a lot of trees....." Lector mumbled. "Alright rogue! Whoever pickes the most apples win! Your exceed is on your side" he said both Lector and Frosch got their wings out and started picking. "And loser owes the winner a favor!" He added. I nodded and we dashed for it.

In total there were 835 Apples.

Lector picked 100, frosch picked 101, Like a boss. Sting picked 200, I picked 434, most of the time Sting was goofing off. We got our reward and headed home.

"Damn, you won, so what do you want" he said. "I did it for fun, I'm fine with not having anything in return" I shrug. "Your're boring!! How about we go out to eat Tommorow just me and you" he suggests. "You and I" I correct. He rolls his eyes. "Anyway, I'll treat, besides we need guy time " he says. "Fine..."

"To be fair, I'll owe you Frosch" Lector chuckled. "Carry me home!" He cheered. Lector sighed and put Frosch on his back and continued. Both sting and I laughed.

When we arrived back at the guild, we had lunch.

"Alright I'm going to get ready, bye" he said and left. I sighed. "Is rogue alright?" Frosch asked me. For some reason he says my name instead of you. "I'm fine, let's go back home" he nodded.

I lay in my bed. Why does Sting like her more than me? Am I not good enough? What does she have that I dont? Well besides the obvious. I guess we Aren't meant to be, I'm worthless anyway.....no one would date me....in the middle of my own thoughts I drift off to sleep.