Chapter 8

"What happened?! You're bleeding, come on sit down." Lauren ordered Ally to a bed in the pit.

"I'm fine, there's just some cuts, but please help Troy and Logan." Ally cried.

"Okay, I'll send someone to stitch you up."

Lauren left to trauma one where Troy was being examined. His clothes were ripped apart, blood was all over his body and his skin had began to bruise.

"What's his status?"

"He has a broken left arm and leg. Several broke ribs, a concussion, and blood pressure is low."

"Start giving him blood, page Shepard for a neuro consult and Torres for ortho." she ordered.

Next she went to check on little Logan, whose pupils were thankfully reactive. His blood pressure was fine and so was his EKG. She wasn't an expert on kids so she decided to page her fellow colleague, Dr. Robbins.

After Dr. Torres checked Troy's broken bones, she told Lauren that he needed surgery to put his femur back together with screws immediately. He was strolled out to OR three while Ally watched from the hospital bed in tears. Lauren stayed behind to catch up her up on her family's status.

"Logan is fine, he's just traumatized right now and has some minor cuts that we're going to patch up. We're also going to admit him and watch him overnight just in case we missed something. Troy is being taken to surgery so Dr. Torres could put his femur back together. But why were you guys doing here? Last time I checked, you three were in Texas."

"Okay thank you. We were in Texas, but we wanted to surprise you guys by visiting. We had stopped to get some drinks when suddenly a car crashed into their side of the taxi."

"Are you sure you didn't hit you're head or anything?"

"I'm s-" Ally was about to say but suddenly fainted

Lauren checked for a pulse, which she found, but it was weak. She ordered some nearby nurses to get her into a patient gown and to get her hooked up to a heart monitor while she called for a CT. After a confirmation, Ally was taken down and the scans showed a bleeder in her brain from what Lauren assumed was from a force to the head. Maybe the only reason why the boy's mother didn't recall or feel anything was because she was still in shock.

She needed surgery and since she couldn't sign the form or any other family member, Lauren signed for her and she was taken into surgery where Dr. Shepherd would be doing the procedure. The entire thing lasted about two to three hours and she was soon in patient room 1112 in recovery.

Standing outside her room and watching her through the window, Lauren checked the time and knew her wife didn't have a class at the time so she decided to call her. She told her to come to the hospital as fast as she could but not to get pulled over because knowing Camila, she would drive at 80 in a 45 zone.

Of course Camila had her questions, but Lauren told her she'd know once she got here. Curiosity probably made it worse and the doctor knew her wife was going to make some traffic violations, but there was nothing she could do, she was a pretty darn stubborn woman.

Couple of minutes later, she was being paged to the nurse station in the main entrance of the hospital. There she saw the tiny frame of her wife and her long brown hair cascading down her back, but the closer she got, she started to here two arguing voices and one belonged to Camila.

"What do you mean I need an appointment?!"

"Yes, Dr. Jauregui is a busy woman and she can't stop what she is doing for someone who just wants to see her." the nurse explained.