Chapter 17

"But darling, don't be disappointed when all the world has to offer you are stubborn hearts, negligent minds, and crying souls." Lauren read out loud.

"Woah, that one is good." Dinah nodded.

"Would you believe me if I said I just came up with it?"

"Yeah, I mean you're doctor. Your brain capacity is endless."

Currently they were in the hospital's library because it was a very very slow day and they needed to waste time. The doctor and the nurse had discovered literature books in there so they were playing a game of who could find the best quotes, something regular people wouldn't find interesting.

"Time itself will not heal you, you must heal within the ticks of each moment. Name the pain you feel, give it color, determine its sound, locate it in your body, foreclose its residence. Yes it will be terrifying facing the trauma, but if you don't, it will continue to poison you." Dinah finished the excerpt by Adrian Michael Green.

"That's some good psychology stuff. But listen to this, Timing really is everything, you can never learn to appreciate it until it stops two people from being together. Maybe one day they'll run into each other and the timing will be right, their lives less hectic than they were."

"Well that just changed my life. You win." Dinah announced.

"Imagine all those people that met their soul mate at the wrong time, it's just sad."

"Yeah that must be horrible. But how's the mother in law?"

"Well she's out shopping with Camila, Amber, and Ally right now. I knew Camila missed her mom more than anything, but she'd never admit it."

"And how are you guys?"

"We're good. I'm finally allowed back in my home. We worked things out and she admitted in overreacting."

They soon heard the intercom sound which was asking for Lauren to come down to the ER. It made them end their conversation and assuming it was nothing major, they took their time getting there. The doctor and nurse soon realized it was a huge mistake.

"What took you so long?!" Wilson asked.

"Why what's wrong?"

"Your daughter is in bed seven."

As she said those words, Lauren and Dinah rushed to the bed. There they saw Amber crying, clenching her stomach in pain.

"Amber, baby, what's wrong?!" The doctor asked as she examined her pupils, lungs, and heard her heart.

"My tummy, it hurts." The little girl cried.

"The left or right side?"

"The bottom right." Amber hissed in pain.

"Okay, Dinah get me an portable ultrasound machine."

When the nurse returned, Lauren quickly lifted her daughter's shirt and started to search what was wrong with the help of the machine

"She has appendicitis, call an OR and tell them to prep for an emergency appendectomy STAT!"

"Lauren is she going to be okay?!" Camila asked crying now too while they got Amber in a patient gown.