11: The Quibbler

HERMIONE

I walk towards the Astronomy tower with hesitation. Something in my mind was telling me to avoid Draco but I had no idea why.

I walk up the stairs and see a familiar head.

Draco.

I smile at him and walk towards him to sit beside him. "I have to admit, without the constant Voldemort drama, it's a bit boring." I mutter.

"I don't know, something has me on the tip of my toes. Maybe I'm just paranoid but I feel like something's going to happen. Maybe it's just all the years with Potter." He smirks.

I laugh a bit, it's true. When Harry entered the school, suddenly every year was hectic. This year has been surprisingly calm.

We don't say much for a minute before I hear Draco's silvery voice cut through the silence.

"What are you going to do after we graduate?" He asks.

I think about it for a moment, I hadn't thought about it much. Harry, Ron and Ginny would surely become Aurors. I however had no interest in such a thing.

I had had enough with fighting against dark magic. The works of Healers had sounded interesting enough, it had always appealed to me. I might become a healer.

"I'm not sure, I may become a healer." I say discretely. "What about you?"

He ponders the question for a moment before answering, "I want to work in The Department of Mysteries." His smile was hard to miss.

"That's always sounded interesting." He says.

"I agree, that would also be neat." I agree.

For some reason, it seemed to hit me just now. When I was younger, I would have been dreaming about a nice job and a big house. Everything is much more realistic now. I'm not a muggle. I'm a witch.

We spoke of our futures a bit more before deciding to go back to our dormitories. I walked back to my dorm room thinking about what Draco had said,

"I don't know, something has me on the tip of my toes. Maybe I'm just paranoid but I feel like something's going to happen."

It repeated over and over in my head. I knew what he meant. After finding out about my gift, I had occasionally felt that way.

I never had expected what I found out the next night though.

><><

"If you don't get this soon, we might as well give up!" McGonagoll nearly yells.

"Why does it have to be so soon? I have time, it's not like the Ministry is coming and tracking down every Persuader there is!" I yell.

"Miss Granger, that's exactly what they're doing, had you read the Quibbler you would have seen the latest news on the Persuader crimes." She states handing me a copy of The Quibbler.

I look at the cover,

Persuaders becoming more
Dangerous