12: You're a Persuader

DRACO

I walked towards the Gargoyles and said the password, they let me in and I made my way to McGonagoll's office.

"Ah, there you are Mr. Malfoy. Good thing you're here. I'm sure you haven't read The Quibbler?" She assumes.

"No mam." I say sheepishly.

"Well, take this." She says handing me a copy of The Quibbler.

           Persuaders becoming more                                                       
                          Dangerous

After the recent crime committed at Mr. Forgebil's business, the crime rates have gone up at a high rate.

The Ministry has been keeping quiet about this but it seems as though, somebody has found clues as to how this is working.

In only a few months they will begin their thorough search for Persuaders around the globe. Checking every home, business and school.

Also, clues have lead up to making people believe that they are all under a sort of leadership. Somebody that controls them.

Will this be another battle as the one with he-who-must-not-be-named?

Continue reading about this unsolved crime in next weeks addition.

I read over it twice, only skimming the second time. This couldn't be. They couldn't do this, I'd be caught, they'd kill me or I'd go to Azkaban.

The feeling I had before is now growing stronger. The feeling of not being completely safe. Being on the tip of my toes.

"This can't be real." I say quietly.

McGonagoll looks at me with sad eyes, "I'm afraid so. You're doing well at Occlumency so this will be a big help when you are tested. However, I'm not sure how else it will work. I'll be one of the very first to have been tested so I'll be able to help you through yours as best I can." She says taking the paper back and placing it on her desk.

"Shall we practice your Occlumency skills?" She asks.

"Of course."

If it hasn't been guessed by now, This is what I know, that I am a Persuader. The Ministry wants me dead and if their tests are full proof. I will be.

I take a breath and clear my head. As McGonagoll uses her skills of Legilimency I block her out with my skills in Occlumency.

"Good." She says after me successfully keeping her out of my head.
"Mr. Malfoy, would you say that Miss Granger and you are good friends?" She asks stepping behind her desk.

I stiffen, why would she know anything about Hermione and me?
"I suppose so." I lie. We are good friends, at least I think we are.

"Do you trust her?" She asks.
Another crazy question, who wouldn't trust her?

"Of course." I say too defensively.

McGonagoll takes a deep breath and sighs.
"Mr. Malfoy, find Miss Granger, she is most likely in the library. Bring her to me please." She says with a wave of her hand to send me off.

My head spins with confusion. What is it with Hermione?

I walk into the library and like McGonagoll had guessed, she was sitting there, her nose in a book.