[2]

Kaori's POV

Touka and I were at a small coffee shop, drinking coffee. "How are you liking this place so far?" Touka asked. I took a sip of my coffee before answering. "It's okay. But I still don't understand why I had to move. This was all my father's idea to be honest."

"Why did he decide to move, anyway?" She asked. I shrugged. "Something about getting a new job or something." I answered. "Kaori," I looked at Touka as she got my attention. "I'm worried about you. You don't talk as much as you used to." Touka said.

"What do you mean?" I asked. "You're not as talkative anymore. What's on your mind?" She asked. From the worriedness in her voice, I could tell she was concerned about me. "The truth is... I haven't eaten that much." I said.

"You haven't had any flesh?! Why?! Don't you know what could happen if-!"

"Yes, I know what could happen."

"When did you stop eating?"

"Ever since Rize died."

"But that was four months ago!"

"I know."

Tonight, we're going out so you can eat something."

"No, that's okay, Touka. I think I can manage for a little while longer."

"No, you won't. Pretty soon, you'll be eating something you'll regret."

I sighed, giving up, as I set my coffee down. "Okay, we'll go tonight." I said. After we paid for the coffee, I showed Touka around. I showed her some shops, other restaurants, and other things. I gazed at the ground as we walked.

"Hey, look," I lifted my head, spotting a toy store. "A toy store?" I asked, emotionlessly. "Come on. You used to love stuffed animals." Touka pointed out. "Yeah. Used to." I reminded her. "Let's go see what's inside," She took my hand and tugged me inside.

We looked around for a bit until a stuffed tiger caught my eye, making my eyes widened a little because of the cuteness.

"See something you like?" Touka teased as she nudged my side with her elbow. "Hmph. No." I said with a frown as I blushed slightly.   

"I'll buy it for you if you want." Touka offered. I nodded slightly, in which she smiled and bought the tiger for me. I hugged the cute thing to my chest as we walked back to my house. "Used to love stuffed animals, huh?" Touka teased. "Shut up." I mumbled.

After we got to my house, I thanked Touka again for my stuffed tiger, then went inside. I closed the door behind me before walking towards the living room. "Father? Are you home?" I called as I set the stuffed tiger on the couch.

I walked into the kitchen and saw a note on the fridge: "Kaori, I'll be home late tonight. Dinner is in the fridge."

As usual, Father will be home late again. Not surprising since he decided to become a ninja, which is a stupid idea when he's just going to be eating people. I sighed to myself and walked back to the living room. "Tch. I figured you'd be here,"

I gazed at the ground, knowing who it was

I gazed at the ground, knowing who it was. "Ayato, what do you want? You know you're not supposed to be here." I said emotionlessly. "You're the one to talk, scumbag," Ayato said before he kicked down a chair. "What the hell did you leave, huh?"

"I didn't leave because I wanted to. It was my Father's idea. I never wanted to come here." I stated. "Bullshit!" He shoved me against the wall and grabbed my throat. "It'd be wise of you if you didn't anger me." I said, calmly.

I could feel my eyes changing color, so I covered them with my hand. "Tch. Man, you've changed." Ayato said, annoyed. I pointed to my head. "What's in here hasn't changed at all. It's just my appearance that's changed." I said.

I gasped when Ayato pulled my hand away from my eyes. "What's the point in hiding who you are?" Ayato demanded as he held my wrist in the air. "I'm not hiding. This isn't home, Ayato. We have to keep a low profile." I reminded.

"Who says I play by the rules? Besides, I was thinking we do something a bit more fun." He said as he trailed his other hand to my neck. With my eyes still red, I used my kagune to push him away. He glared at me and activated his own kagune.

"Hold on. That kagune... That's..." Ayato trailed off. "Yes. This is Rize's kagune." I answered for him. "Then that means you-"

"I didn't kill Rize. All I did was make her apart of me." I said. This way, I still know Rize is with me. My eyes immediately went to the door when I heard a knock. "Deactivate your kagune." I told Ayato as I walked towards the door.

I opened the door, revealing Naruto. "Naruto?" I said, confused. "Hi, Kaori!" He greeted. "What are you doing here?" I asked. "Well, Kakashi-sensei and the others were wondering if you would..." He trailed off as he noticed Ayato in the room.

"Who's that?" He asked. I glanced at Ayato, then looked at Naruto. "He's-"

"Just leaving," Ayato said as he made his way towards the door. "We'll finish this another time, Kaori." He smirked before pecking my cheek. I frowned and placed my hand on cheek as I watched him leave. Jerk.

I hated how he always teased me. I could kill him if I wanted to, but I can't because he's the only family Touka has left. "Um, what was-" Naruto asked until I interrupted him. "It was nothing." I said, quickly. "What were you going to say? Kakashi and the other were wondering if I what?"

"Oh, yeah. We were wondering if you wanted to join us for a group picnic." Naruto said. "Um..." How do I tell him that I can't eat human food? But I still have to make everyone think I'm human. "Sure, I'll go. But I need to change. Wait for me by the bridge, okay?" I said.

"Sure thing, Kaori!" Naruto said before heading off. I closed the door and went to my room. I felt so hungry. I couldn't wait until tonight. I need to eat human flesh before I go on a rampage. I went to my bathroom and turned on the faucet on the sink.

Man, this place is dull. It's nothing like my old house. I miss home and everyone there. I miss Uta, Nishiki, Kaneki, Itori, and Hinami. I splashed water on my face, then grabbed a towel to dry off. When I looked at my reflection, I saw Rize next to me.

"Rize." I whispered as I placed my hand on the mirror. She giggled before disappearing. My gaze went to the sink and sighed sadly. True, I didn't kill Rize. Instead, I thought of a way how she can always be with me. I ate her.

I ate just enough of her so I wouldn't be lonely. How Kaneki was able to get her in his head is a whole different story. Rize is now apart of me, and now I'll never be alone. Never again.