[5]

(The next day) Kaori's POV

"I don't get it. What's a Chunin Exam?" Touka asked. "I have no idea. According to one of Naruto's friends, it's an exam that gives genin a chance to become chunin." I explained. Touka and I were back at the small restaurant, having some coffee.

"So, what happened to you the night we went out? Why were you freaking out like that?" Touka asked. I couldn't tell her that I saw Rize that night. I doubt she would believe me. "It was nothing. I guess I kind of got a little freaked out since it's been so long since I've had any flesh." I lied.

I stared down at my cup of coffee before taking a sip. "Are you going to participate in these Chunin Exams?" Touka asked me. "No, I don't think so. I don't want to risk exposure." I said. I'll just explain to Kakashi and the others that I'm feeling sick or something.

"Hey, Kaori. We were wondering what you were doing here," I glanced back, spotting my team. "Hey." I greeted, my voice not really enthusiastic. "Who's your friend?" Sakura asked. "This is my best friend, Touka Kirishima. Touka, this is Naruto Uzumaki, Sakura Haruno, and Sasuke Uchiha." I introduced.

"It's nice to meet all of you." Touka greeted with a smile. "Well, well. If it isn't Miss Forehead." Sakura's face turned into rage as she turned around to look at a girl with blonde hair and blue eyes. "Ino pig! What are you doing here!" Sakura scolded, her face still full of rage.

"It's a restaurant, Forehead. We're allowed to be here. Looks like your brain isn't as big as your forehead." The girl known as Ino insulted. "Hey, Kaori. Who are these guys?" Touka whispered to me. "I have no idea. I've never seen these people before." I whispered back.

"Oh, and who's this?" Ino asked when she spotted me and Touka. "None of your business! He's mine!" Sakura said possessively. Ino ignored her and turned her attention to Touka and I. "Hi, nice to meet you. My name's Ino Yamanaka." Ino introduced, holding out her hand.

"Kaori Rikuto." I greeted. "Eat her, Kaori." I gasped when I heard those words. "Eat." It was Rize's voice again. "Eat." Rize repeated, more demanding. "Get out." I muttered quietly, but I was heard. "Kaori, is something wrong?" Touka asked with worry.

"Eat, Kaori." Rize commanded. "I SAID GET OUT!!" Out of anger, I flip the table over, making everything on top of it fly off. "Kaori, are you all right?" Touak asked. "Hey, what's gotten into you? What's your problem?" Naruto said with a frown.

I immediately run out of the restaurant and towards the training grounds. Once I got there, I fell to my knees and tried to catch my breath. "Rize... Rize, you liar!" I said angrily before slamming my fist into the ground. Tears willingly escaped my eyes as I closed them tightly.

"You said... you would always be there for me." I said, trying to force my tears from falling. "You... promised."

(Flashback)

"You're going to be okay. You're going to be okay. You're going to be okay." I kept repeating that sentence over and over as I rocked myself back and forth. I sat in a small room as my craving for human flesh grew. After I learned what I had become, I ran away from home.

It was the only way to protect my father. I found an abandoned warehouse and resided there. My mother was already dead. She died giving birth to me. I didn't know what to do. I could never go home. "My, my. I thought I heard someone in here. You look like a wreck,"

I lifted my head as I spotted a girl with long, purple hair and lavender eyes. She wore red glasses and a beautiful, white dress.

 She wore red glasses and a beautiful, white dress