[7]

Kaori's POV

"I won't let another ghoul die. I'm going to protect them." I said.  "Very good, Kaori. Keep killing. Keep eating." Rize encouraged me. I obeyed and kept killing jonin left and right. One of them was dead, so I went over to their corpse and began to eat it.

"M-Monster!" I heard someone scream. Yeah, I'm a monster. So what? It's what I am. I can't do anything to fix that.

Touka's POV

I watched from a distance as Kaori started began killing innocent people left and right. I have to stop her. "We need back up! It's too strong!" A jonin called before Kaori's kagune killed him. I started to calmly walk forward, towards Kaori.

"Touka, what are you doing?" Naruto called. "Just trust me. Let me handle this," I stopped walking when I felt like I was close enough to Kaori. She growled as her four kagunes swayed all over the place.

"Easy, Kaori. It's me, remember. It's Touka. Your friend." I said, trying to reason with her. Kaori growled as she glared at me with her red eyes. I need to get her to snap out of it. "Come on, Kaori. I know you're still in there. I know you have some sense in you. Wake up." I said. 

Kaori let out a roar as one of her kagune tried to stab me, but missed me on purpose. I knew she wasn't trying to hurt me. She was just trying to scare me. "Kaori, you need to snap out of it. You can't hurt these innocent people." She said.

"Humans are the reason why there's so little of us. They're killing us." Kaori growled. "I know, but if you keep doing this, more of us will be in danger." I said.

"That's a lie! In order to survive, is to kill! Avenge the ones who were killed by humans! Even the ones who are trying to get away from them! They tried to kill Ayato!" Kaori said angrily. I glanced over at my brother as he was passed out on the ground.

"I can't trust any human. Not after what happened to Rize. I won't make the same mistake. Never again." She said angrily. Of course. That's why Kaori's been shutting herself out. It was because of Rize.

Ever since Rize died, Kaori thinks she can't do anything without her. She's lonely. "Kaori, listen to me-"

"I'm done listening!" Kaori's kagune thrashed towards me, so I moved out of the way. "Kaori, don't make me hurt you." I warned. Her only response was a growl as her kagune swayed all over the place.

"Kaori, listen to me! Everything is going to all right! You're not alone anymore!" I called to her. Kaori's eyes softened a little as she lowered her guard. "That's it. Easy, Kaori. Now, just put your kagune away." I said cautiously as I slowly walked toward her.

I glanced back at one of the jonin as he got out a shuriken. "No! Don't throw that!" I called to him. Too late. The shuriken piece hit Kaori's shoulder, making her hiss in pain. She glared at the jonin who threw the shuriken and charged at him.

"Kaori, stop!" I called. Kaori roughly tackled the jonin and stabbed him in the chest repeatedly with her kagune. By the time she was done stabbing him, the man was dead. "Kaori..." I murmured.  Kaori got off the dead jonin and faced his comrades.

"Kaori, don't do this!" I called to her. Kaori let out a roar of anger as her kagune killed more people. "That does it." I muttered. I activated my kagune and my eyes turned red, then ran towards her.

I attacked Kaori with my kagune, causing her to shield herself. I tackled her to the ground and pinned her arms down. "Get off me!" Kaori barked angrily. I grunted in pain when her kagune harshly pierced my back.

"Kaori..." I gritted my teeth, enduring the pain. "You don't have to do this. It can... be different." I said, grunting. "No... it... can't...!" She shoved me off of her and stabbed me in different places with her kagune.