[3]

I sat with Squad 7 as we ate. Well, they ate. I stared down at the food. "Kaori, you're not eating." Kakashi noticed. "Oh, sorry. I guess... I kind of got distracted." I said, emotionlessly. I hesitantly picked up the chopsticks and took a slice of grilled meat.

"Eat up, Kaori. It's delicious." Sakura said with a smile. I put the meat in my mouth and began to chew. I almost threw up the food when it landed on my tongue. 'Keep it down. Keep it down. Don't throw up' I urged myself. I swallowed the food as I clenched my fist.

"What do you think?" Naruto asked. I gave a small nod, saying it tasted good, but of course, I was lying. I felt my stomach beginning to churn. "Kaori, are you okay?" Kiba asked me. "What makes you think Kaori's not okay?" Naruto asked him.

"He's not looking so good. He looks a little sick." Kiba noticed. "I'm fine." I said quickly. "Excuse me," I quickly got up and went to the bathroom. I threw up the meat in the toilet. I've never felt so sick to my stomach in my entire life.

"Kaori, are you okay in there?" Naruto asked as he knocked on the bathroom door. "Uh, I'm fine. I just, uh... had to take care of something." I called. I coughed before throwing up more of the food. After I was done throwing up, I relaxed against the bathroom wall and panted.

"Just a little bit longer." I said to myself before closing my eyes.

Touka's POV

I walked towards the squads since that where Kaori would be. "Oi," I said as I walked over to them. "Hello." Sakura said. "Who are you?" Naruto asked. "My name's Touka. Where's Kaori?" I asked, impatiently. "How do you know Kaori?" Kiba asked.

"I'm a friend. Where's Kaori?" I repeated. "He went to the bathroom." Sasuke said bluntly. I looked down at the food they were eating. "Kaori didn't eat this, right?" I asked. "He ate some of it. Why do you ask?" Shino asked.

I ran towards the bathroom and knocked on the door. "Kaori, open up. It's me. Touka." I said, knocking on the door. I didn't hear anything in there. I jammed my shoulder into the door, making the door open. I saw Kaori leaning against the wall with her eyes closed.

"Kaori!" I rushed over to her and kneeled by her side. "Kaori, are you all right?" I asked. She opened her eyes and looked at me. "Touka? What are you doing here?" Kaori asked. "You idiot! Why did you eat that stuff?" I demanded.

"I couldn't let them know what I was. The only way to prove to them that I'm human is to eat what they eat." Kaori said. "You're such a fool." I said with a frown. I put her arm over my shoulder and held her waist as I helped her to her feet.

"Come on. We need to get you out of here." I said. I guided Kaori out of the bathroom and back to the Leaf Village. But as we were heading towards the Leaf, Kaori's team and the others spotted us. "Kaori, are you okay?" Sakura asked.

"She's fine. Kaori just needs to lay down. She's not feeling well, so I'm going to take her home." I said. "She?" Kiba repeated. "Touka, please. Take me home. Quickly." Kaori said desperately. I looked at her and my eyes widened slightly.

Her eyes were red as she frowned at me. "Right." I quickly got her back to her place and laid her on the couch. Kaori clutched her stomach as she curled up in a ball. "You shouldn't have eaten that food, Kaori." I said. "Forgive me. I wasn't thinking." Kaori apologized.

I pulled up my sleeve, revealing the flesh on my arm. "Here, bite down. You need flesh. There's no way you'll make until tonight." I said. Kaori shook her head before opening her eyes a little. Her eyes were still red, telling me that she was hungry.

"Don't be stubborn! You need to eat!" I said, offering my arm. Kaori glared at me before looking at my arm. "I... can't..!" Kaori said. "Kaori, it'll only get worse and you know that. Eat!" I urged her. Kaori gave up on fighting her hunger and harshly bit down on my arm.