Chapter 27: Clash with the reapers (Intro) (New Version)

PHOENIX.

I roamed my sight around. And we are inside a library, the place has laboratory equipment at the end and various books in the middle, and the side were tables and chairs. I squinted my eyes when I saw a bulletin board near me and it says 'Welcome to Shier University'. I look behind and saw Sky's ugly face. Malas dahil panget ang kasama ng poging katulad ko.

Based on my amazing and awesome brain, we were scattered by the portal.

And because this place was lacking the mystical vibes that our world has, I am a hundred percent sure that we are here in the mortal world. The eariness was faint but I can sense the clashing of powers in the surroundings.

"Matagal ka pa d'yan?" Sky asked impatiently. "Balak mo bang basahin ang mga libro rito? 'Wag ka na magbalak at bawal sa bobo 'yan. Tara na." Insecure talaga sa ka-pogian ko si Sky. Tsk, tsk.

We exited the library. A hallway welcomed us, the design was odd. In front of the library and other classrooms was an open space that can let you see the outside of the building. I held on the steel railings and wandered my eyes, I can see the green field and it was filled with booths and stalls.

Sky suddenly pushed me out of the way. Out of the blue, a strong wind emerges. I covered my eyes with my arm. I was trying hard to keep my eyes open yet my eyes cannot withstand. I can hear the loud slamming of the doors, even the scattering of the papers.

But a loud thud got my attention. It was a strong impact and came from a very big thing. "Phoenix, check the library"

Sky was interrupted when a girl appeared in front. She was floating in the air, making her ginger hair sway in the mid-air. Her creamy eyes look soft yet it was piercing while looking at the library. "Is that all you've got?" The woman said.

Sky and I looked at the library when he heard footsteps inside, it was echoing in the deserted building. "Just a lucky strike and now you're being boastful?" It was Aizelle. She was smiling while jeering at the woman.

All her wounds from the training were still visible. I can sense that just like the other's her magic energy will run out soon. Kakagaling lang namin sa training tapos ganitong adventure ang bubungad sa amin. Aizelle smirked.

She summoned her legendary bow. A sakura-pink magic circle appeared beneath us. The surrounding became eerie, the little pebbles on the ground started to float and the wind was now visible to our naked eyes, it was just encircling towards Aizelle.

And then the realization hits me, "Aizelle, you're not supposed to do that!" I screamed. She tilted her head, still mocking her opponent as if she wasn't able to hear my scream.

Aizelle slowly raised her bow, the arrow began to change in color. From being gold it changes and turned into crystal white. "Heaven's Arrow," She cast. When the single arrow soared in the air, it multiplies until it became a shower of arrows.

The woman gritted her teeth. She made a shield made from the air but it failed on protecting her, some of Aizelle's arrow strikes to her; her shoulders, arms, and legs were now wounded.

When the majestic light beneath us disappeared I looked to Aizelle. Sky was fast enough to catch her. "Take care of Aizelle," I mumbled.

I jumped on the railings and made wings using my blessing. Jusko po, tatlong palapag pala 'to. The woman senses my presence and suddenly looked at me. She smirked. "Moron, you can't fly like me."

"Luh, bobo. May pakpak" I wasn't able to finish my sentence when she snapped her fingers and my wings faded.

I looked at her with eyes widened. Tukmol ampota. "Now you can't."