Chapter 5

I'll check the spelling and everything tomorrow... So have fun reading :)

Chapter 5

"Jackie!" I caught my mom at the last second as she was about to go into a room. She turned around, holding the doorknob.

"Oh hi Paige," she smiled. "I'll be right back, I have to take care of this patient quickly. I nodded as she continued through the doorway and closed the door behind her.

My mother was a nurse at Roosevelt Hospital. I tried to see her everyday but with her working night shifts and my school schedule, it got a little hard to meet her.

She still lived with my dad, Ty. I had moved out as soon as I was old enough and had enough money. They were like any other parents, caring but a little too overprotective.

I sat down in the patted seat in the hospital waiting room. I looked down at my nails, the polish was half off and looking messy. I started picking at them to keep me busy.

After a while my mom came out of the patient's room and smiled down at me. I stood up and gave her a big bear hug.

"So whatcha doing here today?" My mother smiled as we pulled out of the hug.

"Oh, nothing I just came to talk," I replied.

"Okay, well I'm very sorry Hun but tonight is a little chaotic here. If it's an emergency, I can sure talk, but later..." She seemed stressed.

"Oh that's fine mom, ill see you soon," I smiled and walked back out the door. I hopped in my car and checked my phone.

*Three new messages*

Meghan- hey babe <3 wanna hang out later today?

Zayn- hey, wanna come over and watch a movie tonight? :)

Meghan-where have you been all day?! Call me

I dialed Meghan's number. Ring-ring... "Hello?" I heard her voice speak through the phone.

"Hey meg, sorry I was gone all day, I ran some errands. Do you still wanna hang out or should I go to Zayn's?" I asked.

"Ooh, go to Zayn's house!! By the way I may or may not have someone over here..." She trailed off.

"Ok! Have fun... But not too much fun!" I added.

She giggled, "byee!" I hung up the phone and texted Zayn. 'Is the offer for a movie night still going? Cause I'd definitely come :)'

'Yep, come on over! :)' he replied almost instantly.

'See you in five' I put my phone away and started my car. I pulled out of the hospital parking lot and drove off with a huge smile on my face.

This was going much better than I expected... Green light, green light, but now I was stuck at a red light, ugh. However, this road was hardly busy, only me and a few cars around.

Green... Finally. I pushed slightly on the gas to the next intersection, which was a little busier. As I was going through the intersection I heard a screeching sound come from my left. I glanced over and saw a big truck collide into another car.

I saw a flash of light and felt a sudden sharp pain, I couldn't help to let out a blood curdling scream. I got jolted forward and everything went unbearably silent.

---------------------------

Zayn's POV

It's been over forty-five minutes, where was she? I've been calling her and texting her, I hope everything is okay.

I went to my kitchen and grabbed a bowl of popcorn I had popped. I came back to see my phone was ringing, I rushed over to it.

"Hello?" I answered. Please let it be Paige...

"Yes, Zayn? We have Paige here at Roosevelt Hospital. This is her mother, Paige has gotten into a car accident..." I heard the woman say.

"What? Is she alright?!" I grabbed my coat and keys and rushed out the door and into my car.

"I'm sorry, I don't know. They haven't told me, but last I heard she stopped breathing."

Those words, those three words shattered my heart. She. Stopped. Breathing.

Ok everyone I am so sorry for the long wait and short chapter. I am leaving you with another cliffhanger so you can expect me to update sooner than last time. :) I know it is very cliche, this always happens in stories... But whatever, I'm a cliche person haha. :) love you all <3

~sara