Ch.4: Awakening

*Abby's POV*

"Gibbs..." Mcgee says weakly as Tony, Ziva and I walk in.

"Hey, Mcgee." Ziva said. "How you feeling?"

"Better than before, but it still hurts a lot." Mcgee said.

"So what did the doctors say?" Gibbs asked.

"Well, there was some internal bleeding, which they fixed up when they got here, and a major concussion from the impact of the blast, which mixed with the blood loss is what made his body go into a comatose state. They are not to worried about the concussion though. He just needs to stay here overnight for observation and then bed rest for a couple of days."

"When can he come back to work?" Gibbs asked.

"The doctors say it can be anywhere form 2 days to 2 months. It just depends on how the wound is healing."

"it better be 2 days, Mcgee." Gibbs said and walked out. "Tony, Ziva!"

"Coming, boss." Tony said as they left.

"Hey, Abby. " Mcgee said weakly.

"Mcgee..." Abby started to say. "If you had been hurt worse..."

"Abby, I wasn't, that's all that matters, Dearing is gone."

"Yes, but there's still other threats, other terrorists, everyday you guys risk your lives while I'm stuck in the lab."

"We wouldn't be able to do what we do without you."

"I know, but every time you walk out the building you may never walk back in."

"Abby..." Mcgee said, taking my hand. I smiled, Mcgee was always so nice, he always knew what to say or do to calm me down. I couldn't admit it to anyone, but I still liked him. "I will always be here. I will never leave you."

"I know," I said and I looked up, right into his eyes and I could see how bad he felt, how much pain he was in, how much he was enjoying himself. I could see everything. Maybe I was crazy and was seeing things, or just knew him better than anyone else. He then leaned forward till he was a few inches away. Then he did the last thing, or maybe not the last, considering he was predictable; he kissed me.

I leaned forward to help him and I then realized I was all the way on top of him. I ignored it, as long as I didn't apply preasure. I kept kissing him, different then I kiss other people, I didn't know I could even kiss like this. There was so much passion in the kiss.

Eventually we broke apart, breathless. "Sorry," he said as I got off.

"It's okay, I liked it, I like you." I responded.

"You do?"

"Yes"