2 - Not Recognizable

Sam stood in that hallway for maybe ten minutes before finally turning around to walk back to his dorm room.

It's not possible, how could it be possible? The amount of coincidences that would have to happen...

"Woah dude, what's up with you?" Kevin asked as Sam walked in, that look of shock still on his face, and sat down on his bed.

"I..." Sam said. "I don't...I..." He pulled out his phone, dialling Dean. Dean picked up after four rings.

"What is it, I'm at work," Dean said and Sam could hear the background noise of cars.

"Dean," Sam said but his voice was shaky and he couldn't get the words out. "I just...saw..."

"Shit Sammy are you okay?"

Sam tried to say something but no words came out. It couldn't have been Gabriel, I couldn't have just seen Gabriel, it's been five years, it was so long ago.

Kevin walked over and took the phone from Sam. "Hey Dean it's Kevin. I think you should come over, Sam's in some kind of shock." He was silent as Dean said something and then hung up the phone. "Okay Sam, Dean's coming, is there anything you need?"

"How..." was all Sam managed to choke out. Gabriel, it was Gabriel, that was Gabriel, he ran into me, he didn't recognize me...

Sam couldn't tell how much time passed before Dean was running into the room. He ran over to Sam and crouched in front of him, trying to get Sam's attention.

"Sammy what's wrong, what happened?" Dean said, trying to get Sam to focus on him. "Come on, you're okay, we got you."

"Dean," Sam said quietly. "I saw Gabriel."

Dean went quiet. Kevin looked at them with confusion.

"No," Dean said, standing up. "Nope, not possible. It was a lookalike."

"Dean I think I would know the guy I spent every moment of a month with. That was him."

"Five years ago Sam, people change. It can't be him."

"Any want to tell me what's going on?" Kevin asked.

"No," the Winchester's said at the same time.

"God I'm glad Becky wasn't here for that," Kevin muttered, rolling his eyes.

"Sam what makes you think it was him?" Dean asked.

"It looked like him, he said jerk, he took the lollipop I offered and said he liked sugar..."

"And you didn't bother asking his name?"

"He was in a rush. He literally ran into me. It kinda hurt."

Dean sighed. "Look, just don't do anything stupid okay? Five years. Even if it is him, who knows if he's the same person?"

"You wouldn't say that about Castiel," Sam muttered and Dean glared.

"I'm going to head back to work now," Dean said. "Don't freak out again. Be cautious."

"Yeah yeah I know Dean," Sam said. "Jerk."

"Bitch," Dean said, walking out of the dorm room.

"So," Kevin said. "Who's Gabriel?"

Sam sighed and began explaining the long story of the summer of five years ago. It was times like this he wished someone had typed it all up into a story.

~~

Gabriel was thinking about the guy in the hallway. It was weird, that guy had known his favourite lollipop flavour. Or it had just been a coincidence. But why the hell would he randomly give it to Gabe?