17 - Twas the Night Before Christmas

Day 6, Saturday, Christmas Eve

Sam woke to Gabriel in his arms. This was something he had missed, waking up next to Gabe with absolutely no worries.

Gabe stirred slightly in his arms, opening his eyes to look at Sam with the whiskey coloured eyes Sam loved so much.

"Mornin'," Gabe said, and Sam just smiled, pressing a kiss to Gabe's forward. Gabe made a cute little sound, snuggling closer to Sam. "Can we just stay here?"

"Of course," Sam said, threading one of his hands through Gabe's hair gently. Gabe smiled, closing his eyes again.

Meanwhile Dean and Cas were awake by now. Cas was standing by the window, looking out at the white scenery.

"You look out that window a lot," Dean said, smiling.

"Well it looks pretty out there," Cas said.

"Want to actually go out there?"

"It'll be cold though."

"And that is why we have like jackets and gloves and beanies and everything," Dean said. Cas just smiled, shaking his head.

"Fine," he said. And so they went and put on all the ridiculous clothes and things to keep them warm. Dean grabbed Cas's beanie and pulled it over Cas's head to his annoyance, pushing it down to far.

"Really," Cas said, pushing the beanie back up over his eyes. Dean just smiled.

They went outside, and Cas looked at the snow for a second before jumping into it, sinking into it. Dean just chuckled at him, grabbing Cas's hand and pulling him along with him.

They walked through the snow, leaving a trail of footprints behind them. Dean led them into the forest right off to the side of the cabins, and Cas gave him a worried look.

"What if we get lost?" Cas asked.

"We literally have a trail behind us," Dean said, gesturing to the footprints.

"And if it starts to snow again?"

"Then we'll go back," Dean said. "Come on Cas." Cas sighed before following Dean into the forest.

At this time in year, there was no leaves on any of the branches and snow covered the once green ground.

"Are you still having trouble with the summer memories and feelings?" Dean asked Cas.

Cas shrugged. "Not as much..." He smiled softly. "We got lost in this forest."

Dean chuckled. "Yes we did."

"Is that why you brought me out here?"

"Maybe."

"You're sentimental."

"What no I'm not," Dean said, but he was smiling.

Cas laughed. "We got lost and climbed into a tree because there were wolves howling." He looked over at Dean. "You kissed me."

Dean smiled. "Because you were stuttering adorably over what you were saying."

Cas rolled his eyes. "Of course I was. I was nervous." Dean chuckled, turning to face Cas, holding both his hands. He leaned in close, bumping their noses together. Cas smiled, closing the distance between them and kissing Dean. Dean pressed into the kiss, moving one hand to the back of Cas's neck as he stepped closer.

"It would be so cliche if it started snowing right now," Dean said, pulling away slightly and resting their foreheads together.

"But then we'd have to go," Cas said, smiling. "Or we'd be lost."