10 - Snow Day

"Oh come on Sammy."

"But Gaabe."

Gabe pouted at Sam. "Why can't I see your paintings?"

Sam avoided eye contact. "They're not that good, really. They're not interesting or anything."

"Don't talk yourself down like that," Gabe said. "Hey, if you show me your paintings, I'll play you a song."

Sam narrowed his eyes. "That's a form of blackmail."

Gabe smirked. "Yep. So, you gonna show me?"

Sam sighed. "Fine." He stood up from where they'd been sitting randomly outside and started leading Gabe to the art building. Gabe followed along cheerfully, linking his hand with Sam's as they walked.

They walked into the building and Sam took Gabe up to the art studios on the top floor, walking into one of the rooms.

"This is the room that's open to everyone," Sam said. "Just because having this stuff all over dorm rooms is annoying."

"I can see that," Gabe said, looking around at all the art supplies and half finished canvases. "People just leave their stuff around?"

"We're all artists here. We don't mess with each others stuff." Sam walked over to a canvas and picked it up, passing it to Gabe. "This is what I just finished."

Gabe looked at the painting with wide eyes. "This is amazing," Gabe said, looking down at the painting of golden wings. Sam blushed.

"It's okay," he muttered.

"No seriously, this is amazing," Gabe said. "How did you do this?"

"I had a bit of inspiration..."

"What was it?"

"..."

"Really, silence, that's not very good inspiration."

Sam rolled his eyes. "It's you, you idiot. Gabriel, angel, I painted your damn wings." Gabe's eyes lit up at that.

"If my wings looked half as good as this," he said, looking at the painting again before putting it carefully back where it had been, while still looking at it. "That really is amazing Sam."

"If you say so," Sam said. "Now. You owe me a song."

"Fine," Gabe said, and they ended up walked back to Gabe's dorm room where Cas was barely even at anymore. Cas had been spending a lot of time with Dean lately.

When they got to the dorm, Gabe grabbed an acoustic guitar from where it was sitting in the corner and sat on the bed.

"What do you want me to play?" Gabe asked as Sam sat down beside him.

"Anything," Sam said. "Can you sing and play at the same time?"

"Sometimes," Gabe said. "Depends on the song." He played a few notes, tuning the guitar slightly. Then he played a few chords before settling into a pattern.

Sam didn't recognize the song, even when Gabe did start to sing it.

Because the author can't be bothered typing out the lyrics, it was Wagon Wheel, which if you've ever heard Richard sing, it's one of the most amazing things.

Sam watched as Gabe played the song, a small smile on his face. Gabe looked completely absorbed into the music and yep Sam was falling in love with him all over again right there.

Gabe finished the song and looked kind of nervously over at Sam. "So...whadya think?"

"You're amazing," Sam said, smiling brightly. Gabe smiled back, the nervousness gone. "Play something else."